Vonage $9.99 forever plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would post about changing my Vonage plan, success.
I have had them for 8+ years. World plan is now around $37 a month. Too much. I saw a newish device in Walmart called Basic Talk. $9.99 a month first month free. I called Vonage and told them I was jumping ship to Basic Talk. No need they said we'll put you on the US and Canada unlimited for same $. No limited time offer but as long as I keep the service.
If I do need to call overseas I use Rebtel. One call and my phone bill was cut in half.

I have Vonage, maybe I will suggest I will jump ship.

One thing I really like is that they transcribe voicemails to an email and send it along with a sound clip of the msg. I do not think I have actually listened to my voicemail from my phone in a few years. Once an awhile I listen to the sound clip if it looks like the transcription was not very accurate.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
If I do need to call overseas I use Rebtel. ...

Why do you prefer Rebtel to Google Voice?

Good question. I have it setup with individual local numbers( through Rebtel) for the calls I make overseas. 1 cent a minute. So I can pick up my home phone (Vonage) or cell phone and call these overseas people/numbers very easily and cheaply.
Can you use google voice from a regular (Vonage) home phone??

Last edited:
I am not an expert or proponent of google voice. I find it handy for someone who has only a cell phone (especially an Android) to call overseas without paying the outrageous prices that cellular carriers charge. It is also convenient to keep a desired phone number that you no longer want to pay to provision on a landline or cell phone.

basic talk is run by vonage. I guess instead of lowering their price, they decided to start a "discount" walmart brand aka basic talk. I have looked into this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back