Comcast Vandals

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously this is horrible and they should not be destroying someone else's property but the prices Comcast charges for service could also be considered legalized robbery

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
obviously this is horrible and they should not be destroying someone else's property but the prices Comcast charges for service could also be considered legalized robbery

Haha, so true!

I wonder if it is Verizon operatives...

Quote:
Comcast Vandals

Yeah, thats what i think of them, too.
smile.gif

Sounds like a seriously disgruntled customer. I hope they find the guy -- major [censored] for inconveniencing all those other customers who did nothing wrong.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Sounds like a seriously disgruntled customer. I hope they find the guy -- major [censored] for inconveniencing all those other customers who did nothing wrong.

Or a disgruntled ex-employee that knew where to access the cables. No short list of enemies I'm sure.

Copper theft used to be a big issue, until recently where penalties and jail time have become more severe here, that it has reduced dramatically.

Originally Posted By: JR
Comcast at the outrages prices they charge can afford it. i don't feel bad for them.

ken

And what about their paying customers who are now inconvenienced? What about the businesses that rely on those services to conduct business? What about people that need those phones for emergencies? Your ideas are bad, and you should feel bad.

Also just because you don't agree with the prices a company charges for their service, does not mean that you should wish for and be gleeful when someone does stuff like that. What if it was YOUR company that now has to shell out tens of thousands of dollars in cost to replace the fiber cables, and god knows how many customers are going to demand credits.

Your attitude toward this disgusts me.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Copper theft used to be a big issue, until recently where penalties and jail time have become more severe here, that it has reduced dramatically.

Fiber optics aren't copper! They're just full of lasers!

Comcast should get the FBI and NSA on this, they could say it was infrastructure terrorism.

My TV station uses leased fiber optics to get its signal from studio to transmitter, and there's more important stuff out there... hospital networks, utility command networks, etc.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Fiber optics aren't copper! They're just full of lasers!

Comcast should get the FBI and NSA on this, they could say it was infrastructure terrorism.

My TV station uses leased fiber optics to get its signal from studio to transmitter, and there's more important stuff out there... hospital networks, utility command networks, etc.

Exactly. The people that are happy that someone is [censored]ing over comcast really ticks me off, because of that kind of stuff. Not to mention that vandalising a companys equipment and costing them tens of thousands of dollars to repair, plus inconveniencing their customers, PLUS that kind of stuff.. Really ticks me off.

Originally Posted By: JR
Comcast at the outrages prices they charge can afford it. i don't feel bad for them.

ken

That is a rather short sided view. For one the biggest cost for cable providers is network content and labor. ESPN is going to get its money and people do not work for free.

Another point. If it is costing the company extra money to replace fiber optics do you believe your cable bill will decrease?

While I am unhappy with Comcast, I wouldn't agree to this sort of retaliation. You never know if you end up hurting the innocents and even cause serious accidents because of this.

BTW, just cancelled my basic cable yesterday. I'm finally fed up with them encrypting even the basic cable's local channel and degrade the signal to the point of unusable.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
While I am unhappy with Comcast, I wouldn't agree to this sort of retaliation. You never know if you end up hurting the innocents and even cause serious accidents because of this.

BTW, just cancelled my basic cable yesterday. I'm finally fed up with them encrypting even the basic cable's local channel and degrade the signal to the point of unusable.

Agreed.

And in the end the customer ends up footing part of the bill for the repairs from this.

I wonder if Comcast and other cable companies have insurance riders for things like this though?

I would be seriously annoyed at this.

My lively hood depends on comcast and I gladly pay them the $150/year for internet, phone and occasional TV for my family. Its written off and without them I cannot talk on phone nor do my remote IT job with 100% telecommute.

[/quote]

I wonder if Comcast and other cable companies have insurance riders for things like this though? [/quote]

They might, but if they are like the company I work for our insurance has a $1,000,000 deductible to keep premiums affordable, so this would still be a pretty big financial hit for Comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back