Honda Accord steering wheel emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The steering wheel emblem on my Accord has been cracked since I bought it. Its all crackled and its starting to chip off. It takes away from the otherwise very good condition of the interior. How hard is it to replace something like this...is it even possible? I dont want to break something in the process.

if it's a raised colored emblem (not just part of the plastic mold)they are removable, i have a replacement autobot emblem for my neon, just haven't gotten around to removing the factory dodge rams head badge.

there are also folks with certain GM models, who have re-bagded them (outside, and the steering wheel) with Opel/Holden badges (depending on where the car was made, what it "originally"was, etc)

Ok, just did some more research online and it seems that you can remove them, but its a lot of work, and I would risk scratching up the steering wheel which is not something I want to do. I would be glad to pay to have it done professionally but not sure who would do such a thing.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
I wouldn't let it bother me, I would just fix it before you sell it.

Well it does bother me, I am a bit OCD and when the rest of the car is in great shape it just detracts from the overall look. Oh well, doesnt seem like there is much I can do. If it gets much worse I may attempt to pull it off and replace it.

Somebody has to make a "custom" sticker to fit over it, like another OEM looking H symbol...

That would be a constant reminder of how cheap that part is,conflicting with the legend that is Honda reliability and customer satisfaction.Well,at least its not an Odyssey transmission...
Somebody must have had massive road rage to break it.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
That would be a constant reminder of how cheap that part is,conflicting with the legend that is Honda reliability and customer satisfaction.Well,at least its not an Odyssey transmission...
Somebody must have had massive road rage to break it.

Really? Wow.

We are in the same situation. Our BMW is in perfect condition inside and out except for the emblem on the steering wheel. The BMW emblem (Roundel in BMW speak) has thick clear plastic over it which has crazed and gotten generally bad looking. The car is an '08 and we noticed it about 3 years ago. The dealer did not even entertain replacing it, but they did replace the AGM battery for free when it died at the four year mark - so I can't complain. But anyway, the emblem bothers me every time I drive the car.

The hood emblem was stolen, and was inexpensive as well as very easy to replace - possibly why it was so easy to steal.

Wasn't after I got home with my Jetta that I noticed the scratch on the steering wheel emblem. 9 years later and it's the least of my concerns.

From the "Chevy Clunk" thread...

Originally Posted By: gregk24
American craftsmanship...SMH -_-

Guess we can just change the region as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back