Mann vs Hengst vs Mahle filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip but I added two filters to my basket at Autopartsway.ca and they want $20 for shipping. $4.99 Ground Shipping on Orders Over $100

Well, that's strange. I just checked and you're right. The last time I ordered, it was free shipping over $100, not $4.99 shipping over $100. I used to be free shipping for over $75, too. If you need or want something else, that might make the shipping worth it. It's also interesting to note they will send out email discount codes over the holidays.

Another option is to check Partsource stores. Some time ago, they started bringing in German Mann stuff at prices roughly the same as Autopartsway prices.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, that's strange. I just checked and you're right. The last time I ordered, it was free shipping over $100, not $4.99 shipping over $100. I used to be free shipping for over $75, too.

As the ecomomy gets stronger, the on-line shopping deals and "free shipping" deals slowly become worse. Amazon.com now says free shipping with orders (of qualifying items) totaling over $35 now instead of $25.

Boiling the frog slowly ... and in the end he will still be alive in boiling water.

Even Amazon raised the free shipping to $35 or more they may not make good profit for shipping 2 rotors, if you can find 2 "USED" ones that fit your vehicles from Amazon Warehouse for around $35.

Shipping 2 heavy rotors across several states costs a lot of money.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
As the ecomomy gets stronger, the on-line shopping deals and "free shipping" deals slowly become worse. Amazon.com now says free shipping with orders (of qualifying items) totaling over $35 now instead of $25.

Oddly enough, some of our free shipping deals held out longer than those in the States. I guess that's because they didn't want to be losing more sales to the U.S. online stores than they do already based on price alone.

With the reference to AutohausAZ, I've ordered stuff from there when it wasn't available in Canada and I needed it in a hurry. Their prices were fine; it's just not a suitable place to buy oil filters if you're in Canada. Shokan Coachworks in NY sent me OEM headlight assemblies at a fraction of the price of anything in Canada.

Amazon Canada is "trying" to improve up here with car stuff, but they're calling it a beta test. If you want a laugh, check out Amazon Canada's automotive section, particularly what they label "motor oil." No wonder WM and CT charge a fortune for oil up here. The competition is grossly incompetent.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Another option is to check Partsource stores. Some time ago, they started bringing in German Mann stuff at prices roughly the same as Autopartsway prices.

Just called Partsource and they were familiar with the MANN brand but didn't have any. Only the FRAM for $30! So, Audi dealership it is, this time.

Good grief, you're having no luck. The one Partsource here has Mann stuff all over the place. I just wish they had done so when I had the old Audi. They sell the Mann for my old Audi for around $5, where just about any other equivalent is closer to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back