Think this might cause a P0300, Random misfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
These are off the truck. I put them on 2 years ago. They were 64 bucks a good deal for a wire I have used on the Trans Am for years. Apparently they are not any good for towing. Back to the stockers for the truck, which cost more.
smile.gif

veah.jpg

yqn2.jpg

Stock GM with the metal heat shield over the boot. They (OEM) are a spiral wound core wire that last a very long time!

I'm guessing thats what the metal heatshield is for over the OEM wires? I have MSD Super Conductors and debated whether to put the heatshields on the MSD wires, even the though the silicone boot is rated for high temps.

Accel (I know, don't laugh) actually made a set of high heat wires with ceramic coated boots for this type of application. I had them on my Explorer for about 6 years and they were immaculate even with HEAVY towing (22' antique wooden boat completely water logged).

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
that had nothing to do with towing that was melted

I disagree as the relationship to EGTs, under hood heat, and towing high in the RPM range for extended periods of time and what it does to plug wires and other under hood components has discussed in depth on the RV board.

At any rate. The heat shield that is normally found on the GM plugs did not fit over these like the MSDs that I have run before. Taylor stated they were good for 600 degrees. I won't run the Taylors again. Maybe the MSDs as they are cheaper than the stock GM ones.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You should have used a chain or rope for towing.

crackmeup2.gif
smirk.gif

Neither, those are bad. I have a nice weight distribution hitch...
smile.gif

I had an old set of MSDs...You can see the difference here.

img2208bp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back