96 Isuzu trooper Rear ABS warning + brake light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this used trooper with 160,000 miles.
I have been searching for some information.
This is 3 wheel ABS.
I measured the rear sensor and it is 1400 ohms which seems ok.

Brake and RearABS Light comes on as soon as you start engine and never goes out.

I do not have a scan tool to read codes. I came across info that you can jumper pins 4 and 12 and it will give you the ABS codes. Tried this and got nothing.
It seems people were saying if the ABS light comes on, then the red brake light will also light up.

this did nothing
http://lasanguine.com/RodeoTechnical/ABSDTC.pdf

here is some info
http://www.eanswer.com/car/66lcr-isuzu-trooper-does-a114-isuzu-trooper-metering-pressure.html

Bet the plunger level sensor on your master cylinder is having issues. Either low fluid level or it thinks it has it. Should be able to unplug it and test.

This has bene known to trigger the ABS light as well.

I have seen that exact problem many times if the rear light and brake light are in a combined lightbulb(a bulb with two glow threats. One for rear light and one for brake light)

If the to threats touches each other's in one of the bulbs. The brakeligt comes on and the ABS warning light turnes on.

Try removing the bulls if that is the case.

I will have to check.
I did read that someone may have pulled the fuses to disable the ABS and then the light comes on all the time. That would explain not being able to read any codes.
http://isuzuforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=83b49a82499a5aad59d693b2638eae8e&t=2430

Lots of people are saying if the rear ABS light comes on, that is also triggering the brake light to come on. These 2 lights are far apart in the dash, so not the same bulb, but might be the same circuit.

Last edited:
They do the dual brake light thing to nag you.

If your ABS light blew, how would you know, otherwise?

Lawyers and engineers really getting at it.

Surprised you don't have a check engine/ service vehicle to go with.

Originally Posted By: shDK
I meant the bulb in the taillights.

wow, that is weird. So if the taillight bulb is burned out, in some cars it lights up the ABS light?

My daughter has the car in Greenville, NC and I am in VA.
So I tell her over the phone to take off the fuse box cover under the hood. Should be really simple to unclip the clips. Well she tells me it is really hard and then she breaks one off????
Unbelievable. So now she gives up and will take it in for NC inspection and pay what ever it costs to make it pass.

The Isuzu passed NC state inspection, so she can now visit us at Thanksgiving.

I have to change the outer front axle boots. Both are torn, but no clicking and axles are still tight. I have done many front end repairs, bushings, axles, but not yet replaced boots. Boots are a lot less pricey than whole axles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back