Channellock vs Snap On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own both but as far as my pliers go im a Channellock fan, what do you guys think in terms of whats better?

All my Snap On pliers has extremely aggressive teeth and a lineman pliers feel to them. Also, the coating gets scratched pretty easy, but they don't seem to rust; the pretty red handles are impossible to clean.

With the exception of needlenose, Channellock gets my vote.

Channellock, made in Meadville, PA (if memory serves me correctly).
Go home team.
34.gif

And they do make good tools.
smile.gif

I have no experience with Snap-on pliers. Do you know who builds them for Snap-on? If they are Knipex, then that is the best there is.

I'm 99% sure knipex does not make anything for snap on. The new snap on side cutters have actually copied knipex on how the two blades come together. Both are great either way. I lean towards knipex because my friend is a dealer, along with many other German tools, Stahlwillie, hazet etc..

Channellocks for the win.

I just got a 3 pack of different sizes that included a screwdriver for about $5 more than the "normal" sized wrench was going for. All made in the USA and all nice quality. I was actually surprised at how nice the included screwdriver was.....

Channellock is the best deal going. Good quality, USA made and priced fair. Only a true tool snob would go with the overpriced Snap On. Not saying that the Snap On is not good because I am sure it is..but not good enough over the Channellock to justify the price.

Channellock gives a lot of bang for the buck with good American made quality, Klein and knipex are on a different level not only in price but in fit and finish.
Snap-On Stuff from my experience is high priced and many times the quality doesn't live up to the price point, their pliers are not the best buy IMHO.

Amazon has good prices on Klein, my personal favorite.

http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/pliers

Originally Posted By: Trav
Channellock gives a lot of bang for the buck with good American made quality, Klein and knipex are on a different level not only in price but in fit and finish.
Snap-On Stuff from my experience is high priced and many times the quality doesn't live up to the price point, their pliers are not the best buy IMHO.

Amazon has good prices on Klein, my personal favorite.

http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/pliers

I agree 100% on Klein tools. I have their Journeyman series screwdrivers and very good quality and the price point is reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back