K&N oil filters on sale at Canadian Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
They're a little late (usually they do this every 6 weeks) but the K&Ns are finally on sale again (from Aug 9-15). Just in time too, I was getting scared, as I'm changing my oil in two weeks, so if they weren't on sale this weekend, or next weekend, I'd have to pay full price on one of them (at $16.99, versus just over $13 when on sale)

I'll be snapping up a couple of the HP3002s tomorrow morning now!
fruit.gif

[ August 08, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

K&N and NAPA Silver are very different filters, I don't believe the NAPA Silver uses any synthetic in it's media, while the K&N does.

As far as flow, the K&N should easily outflow the NAPA Silver (Bob's testing with cold oil showed them being close, but with hot oil I bet the K&N flows way better than every other filter)

patman, i was using wix and k&n's...but now iam using and like fleetguard much better...look into it i think you will be pleased!!!iam using the new strataspore media filter LF 16002 for my fords...thats the up grade to the LF 3681

iam getting these filters at rocky mounain cummins dealer at a discount for me of 13.85 they reg sell for 18.50!!!! you might want to look at kenworth dealers of course cummins

Does anyone know where I can find a strataspore media filter cross reference guide? I'd like to know if they make one that will fit my car. I can't find such an animal on the Fleetguard web site.

I can get you to a filter cross-reference guide. Go to the Fleetguard web site, click on catalog (in a row of choices on the left) and on the next screen plug in the filter you are using. It will give you the Fleetguard equivalent. Unless it just happens to state that it is Stratapore, you'll then have to send Fleetguard an email with the Fleetguard number and ask them if it contains the Stratapore media. Not all of them do.

quote:

As far as flow, the K&N should easily outflow the NAPA Silver (Bob's testing with cold oil showed them being close, but with hot oil I bet the K&N flows way better than every other filter)

what ius your data to backup this claim, or is it just speculation?

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:

quote:

what ius your data to backup this claim, or is it just speculation?

Partly my own observations, as when I use the NAPA Gold or the AC Delco filters on my car, my oil pressure spikes up 5-10psi as I approach the redline at full throttle. But with the K&N oil filter, my oil pressure does not spike up at all under this type of hard driving, showing me I'm getting constant flow.

I just got the K&N and I also notices less bypass. That is what you are refering to Patman. The K&N does seem to be flowing much much better then the acdelco and wix filters. When I was using the wix/acdelco filters It always jumped to bypass for 1 sec when I started the car. Now with the K&N it doesn't bypass when I start her up.

I'm assuming the spike in pressure would indicate the jump to bypass mode. I've used K@N filters before, and I always got slightly lower across the board pressure than basically every other filter.

Jason

quote:

Originally posted by mebanditws6:
I'm assuming the spike in pressure would indicate the jump to bypass mode.

I would expect oil pressure to be constant. The bypass valve is a pressure releif valve. It limits pressure.

- Arved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back