Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting on ARR with a pretty healthy loss right now. All the other REIT plays and whatnot I did were OK, so Im positive overall in that sector, but ARR has a loss. Should I take it or hold. I have about 700 shares. The divvy isn't that enticing at this point.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Sitting on ARR with a pretty healthy loss right now. All the other REIT plays and whatnot I did were OK, so Im positive overall in that sector, but ARR has a loss. Should I take it or hold. I have about 700 shares. The divvy isn't that enticing at this point.

I have just about 7,000 shares.
shocked.gif

Hard decision JHZR2.

If you look back at the chart, it's near it the bottom, so I am hoping it'll swing back up from here...

I almost want to triple-down (EEK!) to make up some of that money on its way up. Don't know if I have the guts to do that though.........

Cripes, yeah I was that way with LINE - way too many shares for my own good. Fortunately they bounced back. I don't have as much faith in the REITs.

The real decision is if it is smarter to take a loss to offset other taxable gains, and miss out on the divvy and possible re-growth, or just pay taxes and sit on this.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I feel like buying more ARR, I'm stung just a bit on that one, but the last couple divvies bought me a mess of shares. Is there a dividend cut coming?

Its only paying 5c/share per month. The yield at current prices sure is high, 15%, but it doesnt mean that can dig it out of the hole.

Yahoo doesnt even show all the stats on it...

But I think the P/B is a bit lower than typical (20% discount to book should be the low end of the trading range, and ARR is like 29%), meanwhile even if the div is halved, it still yields well.

The scare in the removal of the taper is an issue. Even still, perhaps it is enticing to pick up a few thousand...

Initially I bought in the low $4's. By couple I guess I mean since July I received ~125 shares from dividends, so yeah not really a "mess of shares".....net just about even, closed today at $3.95. So selling it would remove some risk from my portfolio is about it.

I may buy 30k worth this morning, but will watch indicators first.

NYMT provides more stability along with a nice 16.29% yield.
smile.gif

I had talked myself into 2000 at 3.96 of ARR but it didn't take. Thinking $4 is too rich. Thoughts?

I had talked myself into 2000 at 3.96 of ARR but it didn't take. Thinking $4 is too rich. Thoughts?

$4.03, retired Turk must be cornering the market.

Anything around $4 is OK, $3.75 better.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Is their food any good? LOL The stock is on a tear, and I'm sometimes amazed at what people will eat. LOL

Free birthday burger with no strings attatched. They are good but the fat and calories are outrageous. They must use some really fat low grade beef. Which is what my first impression was. Which is odd because the interior of the restaurant is very nice. Quality wise not much better than mickey dees.

grin2.gif

I didn't pull the (you know what) at 4.93 like I shouldda. The phrase "when you're in a hole, stop diggging" came to mind and I held off.
lol.gif

Missed out on 2% (for today anyway...) Hopefully it'll go back and re-touch.

It's 28 cents off it's low. You still have plenty of time to grab some. It, along with other rate sensitive sectors, are probably going to chop and churn for a while, but it sure lookes to me like the REITs and other high yielders are chopping out a longer term bottom. I hope so, cause I bought a bunch of ARR at $4.08 at the end of September.

Looking at the chart of 10/30 year yields, both have been in like 30+ year long down trend channels and rates are coming up to the top of the channels; 10 years could hit resistance as high as 3.5% (log scale) or about 3.2% on an arithmetic scale, so the REITs and other rate sensitive sectors IMO are a buy around this area if you're willing to hold through some price swings.

grin2.gif

I did end up with 2000@ 4.02 yesterday. Hope I get the div, I think yesterday was ex-div date so since I bought, Im good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back