Rural king oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some 5 w 30 conventional oil at rural king for 1.89. It says Warren on the bottle and is an SN classification. Their website says it is Citgo but is still SM. any ideas?

Yeah, for less than 2 bucks a quart I think it is a great find. The rural king site still lists Citgo as the supplier but since it says Warren on the bottle I am guessing they have changed distributors. I will post a picture of the bottle when I get a chance. It is SN as I mentioned with an API seal, while the old oil from Citgo was SM.

To clarify... it is made/packaged by Warren Oil... not Warren Performance Products (WPP).

Two different companies... sometimes confused.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Two different companies... sometimes confused.

How would one tell the difference? I was at autozone today and it seemed their house brand had the WPP on the bottom of the bottle. Not that I bought it, but i'd like to know for the future.

Warren Oil is a blender that bottles up oil for one heck of a lot of "no-name" brands. I have never heard or seen of anything Warren blends as being substandard. I haul stuff into the Warren facility in Council Bluffs, Iowa occasionally. They have blending facilities all over the place. Anything done by Warren is usually pretty good.

There is a Warren oil company and there is a Warren Performance Packaging. They are NOT the same company and are NOT connected in any way. One is based in Nebraska and one is based in North Carolina.

Warren Oil

Warren Performance Packaging/Warren Distribution not only packages oil but actually makes their own oils under the MAG1 and Accel labels.They also have products under the POLAR label.This company is one of the makers of Super Tech oils.

Warren Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back