POLL!!! Quaker State VS Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quaker State Ultimate Durability is dexos licensed and Valvoline SynPower is not.

I am sure both will do the job, QS is better for newer GM vehicles.

Anyone here have any experience with Valvoline Synpower 5W40 MST? I've thought about trying it just to see how well my can runs with it. The Syntec 5W50 runs so well in my car,and my oil leak has actually stopped while using it,but it hasn't gone on sale in awhile and my oci is coming up in about 500 miles. WM here sells the Synpower 5W40 quarts pretty cheap. Is the Synpower 5W40 superior to the white bottle 10W40? I may just keep on using the Syntec even if I have to pay a lil more to get it.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Valvoline

changed my mind... but truly, both will work just fine.

Quaker State Advanced Durability

1. QS GB
2a. MS5K
2b. VWB

Last edited:
Valvoline

changed my mind... but truly, both will work just fine.

Quaker State Advanced Durability

1. QS GB
2a. MS5K
2b. VWB

First UOA back on this car using VWB. Looks fantastic. Soooo...

VALVOLINE (again).

Actually, in past vehicles, both have garnered excellent uoa's... tossup until I send for one using current QSGB fill...

Originally Posted By: Iowa_F150
Wasn't sure if there is a way to put polls on here, so this was the best I can do. QS VS Valvoline. Have fun
smile.gif

Valvoline!

Originally Posted By: sammy
QUAKER STATE BECAUSE IT HAS MOLY, I wouldn't even use valvoline.

pqia synthetic thread

I suggest looking at the valvoline used oil analysis posted in that sub-forum. I don't think I've ever seen a bad used oil analysis with valvoline.
On paper it looks weak however there is alot of data here that is evidence to the contrary.

I respect that, but I have an engine that is notorious for problems related to dry startup (Hemi), so I want my Moly. I use quaker state and even have a case left over, but I even went with a higher Moly oil. I have eliminated my Hemi tick and I am pretty happy where I am at. I just don't understand any argument of why they don't have Moly when 70% of every major oil uses it. I do not support that decision even if all the UOA's are clean. Anyhow, that is just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: RPMster
... That's like comparing the new Hyundai Genesis to the 1987 Hyundai Excel hatchback. People, for the most part, get over old issues that have long since been overcome)

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
The Ex had one of those. P. O. Doodoo.

Just for kicks I went through all the posts, and near as I can figure:

Quaker State: 60

Valvoline: 88

I accidentally voted twice (but only counted 1) and tried to eliminate any other multiple votes but didn't see any... except maybe for (snicker) wemay, who changed his mind at least three times...guess you're on the fence there buddy!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Valvoline. My Jeep loves the red or silver bottle maxlife oils. Their high mileage oils do what they say on the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back