TC-W3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I apologize as I know TC-W3 has been discussed at length; I've thumbed through many pages here on BITOG, read a lot from what Google turns up. For whatever reason, the search function here on the boards seems to have a grudge and doesn't return results, even for just the term "tc-w3."

Anyway, I was wondering about proper administration of the stuff. I went roughly by the 1oz:5gal gas recommended ratio with a fresh gallon container of Supertech TC-W3, and while my car seemed to run a bit quieter, my gas mileage in my 2006 Ford Focus ZX5 (~91k miles) took a real nosedive (without any telltale signs like a rough idle, strange engine RPMs, that kind of deal). What's the best way to ensure a relatively even mix when adding TC-W3? Adding it just before fillup (as recommended with several OTC fuel additives), adding it afterwards, etc.

Also, I had read how with this stuff there's a sweet spot. Is it engine-specific and the 1oz:5gal just a good starting point? I had read here that too much is bad, but less than whatever amount is found ideal is pretty much negligible and totally unnoticeable in practical effects.

Thanks for any advice. I think I'm going to try a half ounce next time instead of one, but I'm going to hold off adding any pending some feedback. I always have my snow blower and lawnmower to feed this stuff to.
smile.gif

I've been using it around three years in my pickups.
A 87 Dodge and a 96 Dodge, both with 318 engines.

One ounce per 5 gallons of gas.
They run some what smoother and maybe a very slight improvement in gas mileage.
I gas up and then add it.
It will mix in just fine as far as I know.

I use an old Gumout bottle to measure and add at 1 oz per 5 gals for the last 2 months... About 1,000 miles in my '05 accord. I wait until I get home to add - as per prior poster, I figure it gets all mixed up as I'm driving along.

The ratio is subject from what I've read

You may have seen this forum before but this guy, Sarge, in the link below, is/was logging hundreds of thousands of miles with some friends over the course of a few years. He started at 1 oz per 5 gals and then, I think, he adjusted downward.

40+ pages devoted to this

TC-W3

Originally Posted By: Finz
I use an old Gumout bottle to measure and add at 1 oz per 5 gals for the last 2 months... About 1,000 miles in my '05 accord. I wait until I get home to add - as per prior poster, I figure it gets all mixed up as I'm driving along.

The ratio is subject from what I've read

You may have seen this forum before but this guy, Sarge, in the link below, is/was logging hundreds of thousands of miles with some friends over the course of a few years. He started at 1 oz per 5 gals and then, I think, he adjusted downward.

40+ pages devoted t

That is where I got onto the TC-W3 band wagon.

TC-W3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back