Mechanic In A Bottle ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get much with a search, what do you guys think? According to the manufacturer it cures cancer, heart disease, instantly increases your bank account balance and makes women come naked holding a six pack...

I use it all the time as an additive to my 2 cycle mix. Note: If you have actual dirt in your carb, it won't fix that, nothing will other than taking it apart and manually clearing out all the holes.

The stuff really dissolves varnish. Spilled some on a varnished wooden table and it peeled, stripped the varnish right off. Does the same with varnish from old gas. It is soluble in both water and hydrocarbons. Stuff is strange because it smells like Windex. Not sure what's in it (they won't say). It would help in making a 2 cycle mix using E10 a fully homogeneous mixture, because of its dual solubility, then again I only use ethanol free for 2 cycle anyways, and just use the additive as an additional cleaner, conditioner for the gaskets, etc.

Did an experiment with it once where I took half a jar of K1 Kerosene, and added several ounces of B-12 chemtool. The B12 produced all kinds of globules within the K1, as it was mostly insoluble in it, created a separate layer, then added MIB, stirred it and the entire mixture was fully dissolved within itself and stayed that way for days until I no longer needed it (used it to soak a carboned up muffler from some OPE).

Called the company once and asked them if it could be used as a crankcase cleaner added to oil in a 4 cycle engine. They said they have never tested it in such an application, was never designed for that, and thus advised against it. It is not a lubricant, but it's probably slightly more lubricious than B12 chemtool which is probably about as lubricious as water.

It's expensive, but I don't use that much of it so the cost is really immaterial as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
It sounds like it might have Acetone in it, I'll try to locate the data sheet. I hear good things about it, it's even supposed to clean a gummed up carb to a certain extent. I'm going to try it in a snow thrower that I know has been sitting with fuel in it since last winter. Do you use it with fresh gas too? I never have a problem with my 2 cycle stuff even if the fuel is old. For someone who uses it regularly the gallon bottle might be the way to go...especially if you have a coupon.

"STABILITY: Stable.
CONDITIONS TO AVOID: None.
INCOMPATABILITY: Strong oxidizing agents.
HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: Aldehydes. Acids. Ketones.
HAZARDOUS
POLYMERIZATION: Will not occur.
CONDITIONS TO AVOID: None"

Mechanic In A Bottle
Bio Catalyst Mix Trade Secret

OSHA Hazard Communication Standard: When used for its intended purposes, this material is not classified as
hazardous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back