Quaker State UD 5w30 vs Mobil 1 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Mobil 1 because UOA's on the Chevy Cruze 1.4T (like mine) show it to hold up better.
I wouldn't hesitate to use either but M1 seems a bit more sturdy.

I like the higher TBN and Boron in the Mobil 1, but then the QS has more Moly and a lower NOACK. In the real world, in your low stress 1.8L Cruze, either would be just fine - so the edge goes to QS if it's a lower price like it is here stateside. I would just get the the cheapest synthetic you can find up there in the GWN and call it a day.

I have been running the QSUD in the 2012 Traverse. I bought a boat load when it was on sale and rebate at Menards. Glad to know it is good stuff!

Not sure there's much to choose between these two.
The better choice might be M1 0W-30 AFE.

Edge for me still goes to QSUD...turns out that QS holds up better to my wife's driving...as M1 burned off when QS didn't. Which was strange with our easy running Ecotecs...

That being said, I will be running either 0w30 or 0w20 M1 in whatever new car I get next year...And, I might still get the hankering to run it in one of mine sooner than that....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Edge for me still goes to QSUD...turns out that QS holds up better to my wife's driving...as M1 burned off when QS didn't. Which was strange with our easy running Ecotecs...

That being said, I will be running either 0w30 or 0w20 M1 in whatever new car I get next year...And, I might still get the hankering to run it in one of mine sooner than that....

What car is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back