How to remove orange arrow (switch between Apps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
Had this pop-up a few times and it's impossible to remove from Start8 desktop, without restarting the computer.

Is there a setting that allows me to disable this feature? I have it right now at the top-left of my screen. It blocks my Bookmarks folder in Firefox. It also blocks me from returning to the Windows 8 Menu, listed inside my Start button. I have the Windows 8 Menu-List (like Search/Apps...etc) disabled that allows me to hover my mouse at the right-bottom of my screen, to activate entering Windows 8. I deactivated it because I constantly scroll while surfing the web and it gets in my mouse-pointer's way.

Now with this big orange arrow-pointer in my way, I cannot get to the Windows 8 screen.

It's just right there on my screen right now , staring at me like a spy.

Help, or I'm reaching
39.gif
for my gun.....lol

Last edited:
Found these postings on google.

"A co-worker just pointed out to me how to get rid of it: move your mouse pointer into the top-left corner of the screen. That's it! It's gone."

or

"I just ran into this too. VERY annoying. The workaround was to launch a metro app and press ALT+F4 to kill it; this also killed the "Switch Between Apps" window. But it came back then next time I launched a metro app... sigh"

Taken from this website.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Foru...um=w81previtpro

Regards, JC.

Putting the pointer at the top left corner (which is the exact same corner this orange arrow is in) ... well it does not remove it, if you are in Start-8 (Windows-7 type desktop).

The only relief I found was a System Restart. Even pushing ALT - F4 on the keyboard did nothing to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back