At work last night a driver wanted this additive added to his transmission. He said its what the army is running in everything. It said it contains no moly, Teflon, sulfur, and other things I can't remember... Has anyone ever heard of this additive? Is it just more snake oil? It had claims similar to motor kote.
1) Never heard of it.
2) The Power Flow PF-1 website
is basically worthless (surprise, surprise). From the description, they might be using MoS2, except that they mention "contains no solids" and "no build-up".
3) The MSDS
doesn't reveal much except this: "APPEARANCE / ODOR: Amber / Hydrocarbon". If it's amber, then it probably does not contain MoS2. Maybe some other form of moly??
4) If you rule out MoS2, then it could be just mineral oil (à la Z-Max
- >99% mineral oil).
5) Or, there's a chance they are using PTFE (Teflon) - a popular magic ingredient - in which event you might want to use it as a shelf decoration or paper weight.
6) As for the U S Army using it, that's a definite negative.
7) Good luck trying to buy some. If you go to their 'where to buy' page, it is almost empty.