Lexus V8 oil filter 90915-20004

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think or know about this filter? The media is unlike any other I've seen.

From this site

-

Whoops, did a search on that part number, and lots of good info came up.

It's suggested that the media is either fiberglass or some sort of resin impregnated felt. Anyone run a UOA with this filter? I wonder if it filters better than your average oil filter? Looks like it would, but that's just speculation on my part.

More info here. <-- interesting looking diesel oil filter on that page too!

Here is a link to a post that includes my analysis on 2002 Toyota 3.4V6.

Hard to read the way I typed, but it shows normal/Mobil 1 filter/the filter you posted. All with Mobil 1 5W-30.

THIS is the best Toyota filter

[ June 19, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

That Denso filter used by Toyota is some sort of impregnated fiberglass mat material, about 2-3mm thick. It's formed over a plastic skeleton to give it shape. I use these -20004 filters in my Toyota 4.7L V8 instead of the parts-book listed Denso 90915-YZZB5 filter which is very similar, but has less filter area and no bypass valve. The Toyota V8 comes from the factory with the -20004 filter, but replacements at the dealer are the -YZZB5.

Your link from Brunei shows the cut away -YZZB5 filter with fewer ribs than the -20004. The filter for the diesel in interesting...the upper part is very similar to the Denso filter for smaller Toyota engines, and the lower half seems to by some sort of bypass element. This isn't new...Fleetguard filters (owned by Cummins) has been making filters something like this since the '80s, and there may be others.

Ken

[ June 20, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back