How Long Can I Go On a Mobil-1 Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious to know what is the upper-end of mileage I can safely put on a Mobil-1 filter? The car is a Honda Odyssey, and the types of miles are mixed.

I'd say at least as long as the OEM filter, which Honda says is good for two oil change intervals, or probably somewhere around the 12,000-15,000 mark depending on prevailing conditions.

Right on the Mobil 1 oil filter website, where you should have gone first ( : < ), Mobil 1 is says:

"When used with Mobil 1™ fully synthetic motor oil, our Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter offers the ultimate protection for your engine. In fact, our filter provides up to 15,000 miles of guaranteed protection when used with synthetic motor oil."

Frankly, I don't think synthetic oil will matter much to the filter but it's their way of qualifying their "guarantee." The EP Mobil one is rated at 99.6% @ 25 um and the M1-301 (PH8A size, FL1A, etc) holds 28 grams of contaminants... which is a nice amount. It uses a media blend of synthetic fibers and cellulose... as do several other premium filters like the P1.

Wondering when or if the Mobil 1 filters will change due to Chap Labs being absorbed into Fram.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I'd say at least as long as the OEM filter, which Honda says is good for two oil change intervals, or probably somewhere around the 12,000-15,000 mark depending on prevailing conditions.

x2 on the 15k. I've used M1 oil filters for 2x 7,500 mile intervals in my 2007 Civic and the UOA after 15k miles on the filter came back looking just as good as after 7,500 miles (it didn't show that the filter was loaded and went into bypass mode, thus allowing unfiltered oil to flow through the engine)

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Wondering when or if the Mobil 1 filters will change due to Chap Labs being absorbed into Fram.

So, Champion makes Mobil-1? I have been reading a lot of good stuff about Donaldson, but I can't find them online. Should I just use Amsoil instead?

Any opinion yet on Purolator Synthetic? I can get one on Amazon for $9.99

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Any opinion yet on Purolator Synthetic? I can get one on Amazon for $9.99

They are very good (I have used them myself, and still have one on our Acura), but I wouldn't pay twice for one vs. a PureONE.

The EP Mobil one is rated at 99.6% @ 25 um and the M1-301 (PH8A size, FL1A, etc) holds 28 grams of contaminants... which is a nice amount.

This is information till 2012.
Updated information (from 2012) is 99.9% @ ??? um

Originally Posted By: Izb

The EP Mobil one is rated at 99.6% @ 25 um and the M1-301 (PH8A size, FL1A, etc) holds 28 grams of contaminants... which is a nice amount.

This is information till 2012.
Updated information (from 2012) is 99.9% @ ??? um

I got my info right off the current website at the time I made the post. What's your source? Also, it only counts if you have the micron size. You could test the same filters and get two results. You could get 99.6% @ 25 um or 99.9% @ 30 um (which would be my guess at what a 99.6% @ 25 um filter would do at 99.9 which is close to absolute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back