Mobil Super Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Well, I've been watching for a qualifying store to put Mobil 1 oil jugs on special for $25, a score with rebate on this campaign but no such luck. So today I was wandering through the automotive section at Fred Meyer and lo and behold, Mobil Super Synthetic was on sale for $3.69 a quart. Mobil Super products have a $7 rebate per 5 quarts, so I figured heck can't go wrong at less than $12 for 5 quarts after rebate and purchased 10 quarts. So is Mobil Super Synthetic Mobil 1's special ed ugly cousin or is it AOK in your book?

There is a very good 10k miles UOA from a member with Mobil Super 5000, Mobil Super Synthetic can easy do 10k miles with non-severe driving conditions.

I have bin using it for 30.000 km. Oci. In a skoda(VAG) for the last 3 year with no problems. Before that I used shell helix. And I have noticed any difference. Never made a Uoa.

Been using Mobil Super 3000 X1 FE for seversl years on and off

Put it in my Mondeo tdci towards the end of ownership and for my mate i sold it to for next two oil changes till sold

I used it in the same mates CR-V diesel to good effect

Also used it almost solely for around 50k in my V50 diesel

And have just put it in my Pathfinder 2.5 diesel

I am considering putting it in the Jaguar but may go for Mobil ESP or perhaps try the correctly specced Shell oil

I have no hesitation in recommending Mobil Super products.

Originally Posted By: tig1
What about WM? 5 qt jug of M1 for $25. However MSS should be fine.

That's a great deal on a great oil, but its not $12/5 quarts on a brand name "full synthetic".
smile.gif

I wish Wally's carried the stuff, seems like a perfect match to me I'd bet they could sell it for 19-20 bucks a jug.

It's the "in-between" synthetic for people like myself who don't need an extended drain oil, but still want the protection of a synthetic. It's comforting to me, lol.

Originally Posted By: tig1
What about WM? 5 qt jug of M1 for $25. However MSS should be fine.

Walmart is not a participating store in Mobil's rebate program. In my area Bi-Mart usually has Mobil 1 on sale for $24.99 at some point during the rebate campaigns but not this one. So I went with Mobil Super Synthetic.

Mobil Super Rebate

I checked out PQIA and am pleased to see the 255 ppm of Boron in my 5w-30 flavor. Most excellent.

I would def use it if I could find it at walmart... seems to me that it would be like QSUD vs PP...when compared to M1...still great oil...just something elses little brother

Mobil Super Synthetic seems redundant to me at Walmart. If you want a cheap high quality synthetic, just buy SuperTech.

Wouldn't you know it, Bi-Mart puts it on special in the nick of time. So I got 2 jugs of Mobil 1 today. I'm gonna have to switch to 2k OCI to go through my crazy big stash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back