1st UOA Ford PSA 2.0 Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
[img:center]Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/img]

This has Archoil 9100 in it, vehicle has 63,000 miles on it and the oil is Mobil 1 ESP.

I'm concerned of the chromium and unless it is showing something better than expected I might give the Archoil 9100 a miss next time.

Originally Posted By: galaxy333
[img:center]Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/img]

This has Archoil 9100 in it, vehicle has 63,000 miles on it and the oil is Mobil 1 ESP.

I'm concerned of the chromium and unless it is showing something better than expected I might give the Archoil 9100 a miss next time.

I'm a Dodo what was I doing being concerned of the chromium!! It was the Iron.
Basically I don't know what the heck I'm doing just learning from the site and and comments are welcome.

Last edited:
That makes me feel better
smile.gif
I'm removing the catalytic converter and going to use
Mobil 1 0W 40 Diesel in the next change and onwards providing the UOA's I get show good when I've done it.

smile.gif
Mobil 1 0W 40 Diesel in the next change and onwards providing the UOA's I get show good when I've done it.

Try Quaker State as well and Pennzoil Platinum they are excellent oils. Elf is another brand of german oil it's expensive though. I can't wait for your other UOA's!

I assume you are running a Pug or Citreon?

Strange that Ford and Volvo run different spec oils in the same engine even with a DPF.

I noticed the same with my diesel Jag.

The C6 has the same 3.0d engine.

But they use different oils.

Not up on UOA.

Did you buy the additive online or is there a stockist in the UK?

My V50 did 150k plus on Castrol products at Volvo main dealer and mainly Mobil 3000 X1 FE 5w30 since i bought it.

Still used very little oil and ran as it did when i bought it 50k or so earlier.

These Ford/PSA 2.0 diesels are very good engines, pity you can't say the same for the 1.6 and 1.4 diesels.

Originally Posted By: alex3686
smile.gif

Try Quaker State as well and Pennzoil Platinum they are excellent oils. Elf is another brand of german oil it's expensive though. I can't wait for your other UOA's!

Elf is a French Company.

Originally Posted By: bigjl

Strange that Ford and Volvo run different spec oils in the same engine even with a DPF.

Not up on UOA.

My V50 did 150k plus on Castrol products at Volvo main dealer and mainly Mobil 3000 X1 FE 5w30 since i bought it.

Still used very little oil and ran as it did when i bought it 50k or so earlier.

These Ford/PSA 2.0 diesels are very good engines, pity you can't say the same for the 1.6 and 1.4 diesels.

Hi there it's is a Ford Galaxy and yes the Archoil 9100 is available in the UK if you Google it as I don't want to advertise on the forum.
My engine uses no oil at all over the 6,000 miles between changes, I always use the genuine Ford oil filter as well that might be helping?

Originally Posted By: alex3686
smile.gif

I see these types of suggestions over and over again on this forum.
The OP lives in the UK and has a diesel vehicle not even available in N. America. Why suggest oils only available in the US?
And Elf isn't German, it's French.
The Fe is very low but before using the additive again try checking the TBN in the next analysis, without the additive.

Charlie

Well some great news Blackstone had given the figures for the Petrol model instead of the Diesel I have so this afternoon I got a new UOA from them.
wmfi.jpg

Originally Posted By: bigjl

Not up on UOA.

Hi there it's is a Ford Galaxy and yes the Archoil 9100 is available in the UK if you Google it as I don't want to advertise on the forum.
My engine uses no oil at all over the 6,000 miles between changes, I always use the genuine Ford oil filter as well that might be helping?

The Galaxy is a solid family bus.

So you are running the Citreon/Pug specs, not a bad idea.

Addison Lee put 100k miles plus on Galaxys over three years then sell them off.

They use Castrol 5w30 A5/B5 and change it every 10k. All automatic and no issues with dpfs.

They feed back data to Ford which is used for R&D

Quote:
The Galaxy is a solid family bus.

So you are running the Citreon/Pug specs, not a bad idea.

Addison Lee put 100k miles plus on Galaxys over three years then sell them off.

They use Castrol 5w30 A5/B5 and change it every 10k. All automatic and no issues with dpfs.

They feed back data to Ford which is used for R&D

I'm impressed with Ford I've had some problems but Ford UK have been very helpful.
As far as the UOA is concerned I'm REALLY pleased now Blackstone have sent average figures for the correct engine, they fist did it as a petrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back