My new(to me) Car: '03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I just bought myself a creampuff Mach 1 on Monday! For those of you who don't know, the Mach 1's were limited production and made 305hp/320tq at the crank from the factory. This particular car is the "Zinc Yellow" color, only 869 were made. Car is the 5 speed manual with interior upgrade package and only 49K miles. It's also very very clean:). I paid $13,500 for it. I can't stop smiling from ear to ear every time I drive it. Took it on a trip to Lake Havasu yesterday, she performed flawlessly. Averaged about 26mpg on the trip.

It was tastefully modified IMO, which are as follows. The exhaust on this car is the best I've ever heard, these 4.6 DOHC's just sing!

-Pro 5.0 shifter
-H&R Super Sport springs
-Racecraft N2 shocks and struts
-Maximum motorsports caster camber plates
-New shortened sway bar end links (needed because of lowering)
-Baer Bumpsteer kit (not installed)
-18x9 and 18x10 Godspeed omega wheels with BFG KDW 275/35 and 295/35 tires
-C&L cold air intake
-Roys 1/2 inch intake spacer
-EGR delete
-Mac LT certamic coated headers
-Mac off road H pipe
-Steeda catback
-Tune by AZ dyno chip 305hp/310tq (conservative tune)
-Professionally tinted tail lights
-Speed of Sound dual gauge A pilar pod with autometer Oil pressure and Water temp gauges
-Kenwood DDX470 with iPod connector
-Rockford Fosgate amp
-Custom enclosure for 10" JL W0 sub
-2003 color matched cobra mirrors

For those wondering, my oil of choice will be Red Line 0w30.

Pics:

Farewell Ol' Corolla, you were a faithful vehicle. Sold it to my friend since 2nd grade who was in dire need of a reliable vehicle. So I'll get to drive her from time to time.

VERY nice! Though I prefer the '03/04 Cobra (it was a toss-up between the M5 and a Termi when I made my car purchase) I have always had a soft spot for the Mach 1. I love it in grabber Orange, but the yellow is very nice as well
thumbsup2.gif

And the 32V Modular is a reliable and bullet-proof engine that I'm sure will serve you well even when beaten like a red-headed step-child, which, in typical Mustang fashion, I'm sure you will do
grin.gif

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm actually a fan of the Yellow, plus she makes a good companion to Ol' Yeller:

Those were/are exceptional cars. Ford had been refining that drivetrain and chassis for years and had done a pretty good job.

And those are some sweet mods. Congrats on a good score.

Originally Posted By: KB2008X
Those were/are exceptional cars. Ford had been refining that drivetrain and chassis for years and had done a pretty good job.

And those are some sweet mods. Congrats on a good score.

I agree, these engines are awesome. I remember having the same engine(less power) in my '93 Mark VIII. So yeah, they had been around a while. Thanks, I absolutely love the car.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Didn't know the Mach 1 was sold in yellow. I've only seen the blue. Looks nice.

Yeah definitely not the most popular color. Only 869 made in Zinc Yellow and '04 had "Screaming Yellow", only 763 of those made. Only the "Oxford White" color had smaller production numbers.

Sweeeeeet ride. Let me know when you get your first ticket in her. And let me know how fast you were going. Enjoy

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Looks nice! I'm guessing the post-mod HP and TQ figures are at the rear wheels?

Yeah sorry about that; 305rwhp/310rwtq.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
I'd change the tail lights, in my opinion the smoked tails look is played out

I know what you mean, but they don’t bother me really. If I ever have to change them, I’ll just leave them red though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Very nice. Pretty good price too! Enjoy!

Thanks. It books for just under $16K so I feel I got a good deal.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Love the color....

Thanks, I agree! After owning the truck for a while now, I’ve come to really like yellow. Plus, you don’t see a whole lot of them out on the road.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
Great find! I love those cars.

Yup,us mustang guys like mustangs
thumbsup2.gif

Mach's are sweet,I plan on either getting a Mach,Terminator or Cobra after I get tired of the Vortech'd fox mustang I currently have.

Btw:Good choice on the 0w30 Redline oil as well.

Nice looking ride!
thumbsup2.gif

The only problem with those cars were the ride height and the rear axle ratio. I see the ride height has already been corrected. Now just move up to 4.10 all will be good!

Thanks for the comments guys. SevenBizzos, I've thought about changing gears, but the 3.55's seem to be a good balance so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back