How often do you buy guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And do you make it right with the Mrs.?

I've been a musician since I was 14 and have collected about a dozen guitars, two drum sets, $1,000 worth of cymbals, $1,500 worth of amplifiers and effects. So I have an expensive hobby as it is, but when I got into shooting/hunting... oh man.

I have two expensive hobbies and like 3 little not-so-expensive ones. Her dad has a large collection of guns but then I remind myself that most of my toys are musical in nature and if those were traded for guns I'd have a lot of them.

In the past year we've bought or inherited more than a few guns. My addiction is hand guns. I freaking love them, they are so interesting.

Do you guys keep a gun buying habit to a minimum or how do you work it out with the wife?

I don't have a wife to interfere or question my purchases
smile.gif
. I usually buy a new gun once a year. I would buy more if i actually had more time to shoot them. My next purchase will be a 9mm carbine.

I have not bought one in many years. I am at the point in my life where I seek fewer possessions to take care of. No more pets either. No expensive cars. If you own one, you have to worry about someone banging it up.

One every year or two. My wife usually gets what she wants within reason. I also don't spend a lot of money on things, so when I actually want something she doesn't say anything.

Last edited:
Every couple of years.

I used to buy firearms that filled a "niche" in a personal collection. I don't make enough to fill out a true collection, but a personal "niche" is easily filled by something used the majority of the time.

Every few years I find something at a screaming great price and get it.

I've only sold one gun, it had bad vibes from my uncle who is a huge jerk.
At my local gun shop I actually traded it for a used Dillion progressive press that needed some pieces, 2 sets of dies, and 1000 .38 special shell casings right before the current guy was elected.
It took some work to get up and running, but I can now easily load about 550 rounds an hour with it.

If I had the money, then I'd buy more often.
I've seen the surplus market drying up for some time now.
Lots of history out there.

Every couple of years I buy a new gun.

I don't shoot them enough.

I used to be a great shot but now not so much.

Oh, and yes I feel bad about buying a new one. I sneak them into the gun safe as best as I can around the wife haha!

Last edited:
I have all I can care for, what with some from my great grandfather, grandfather, and father plus what I picked up. I am not a collector. Weapons are beautiful. They smell wonderful. Feel so good in your hand. Serve several vital needs. And grim instruments of death. Fascinating.

None
frown.gif
But I do live in Shhitlandia, where if you severely injure or kill someone in self defense you get to spend 8-15 years in the dungeons.

Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Weapons are beautiful. They smell wonderful. Feel so good in your hand. Serve several vital needs. And grim instruments of death. Fascinating.

Probably the best response in this thread. I love it!

I used to have some guns but I lost them all in a boating accident. I can give you lat and lon if you want to look for them ... but it's over 600 feet deep.

How often? Same answer I would give for the question, "how often do you buy tools"?

Not often enough!

There is still a long list of next guns to buy, including another
Garand, a 1911, a model 57, a Winchester lever action, a .22 rifle....you get the idea...

Well, between college and Mr. Obama's election, I was content with having made only one handgun purchase.

Subsequent to his election is a different story, though. With the NSA and who knows what else monitoring who knows what, I really don't want to say how often I purchase guns.

As to keeping it square with my spouse, she does like buying shoes, clothes, etc., that I never object to. She likes Sigs ( for some reason ), so it really hasn't been an issue in our household.

1-2 a year or so. I'm partial to Ruger's. I made a career change 3.5 years ago and have been selling some tools that I don't need or use any more. Being a journeyman millwright can be hard on your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back