BG MOA at every oil change - should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG MOA may compliment an oil that has a lousy/weak additive package, but I just don't see the point in using it with an oil that already has an excellent and advanced add pack. Why salt your eggs twice (yes, I know that some of us really like our sodium)? Now, if your engine has sludge or varnish buildup, maybe BG MOA would help clean some of it out, but it's not marketed as a cleaner. It's marketed as a wondrous marvel that lets your engine run without oil, and protects your bearings by means of a trade secret that the oil companies can't seem to reverse engineer. Imagine a mid-sized company which sold a technology to turn a regular tire into a run-flat tire, but Goodyear couldn't figure the technology out. If BG or any other additive manufacturer wants to convince me that there is actual third-party data/proof behind their product, I will get busy reading.

Last edited:
thanks for the reference to VOA--if you cleaned up the impurities and took the moly out of BG MOA, it would be very similar to the stuff in the pink bottle

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
Private message me and I can send you email links of bg studies

Thanks for the studies. They seem a bit vague, and they don't really tip the scale for me. I still don't think MOA can do anything that a good oil with API SN won't do.

Originally Posted By: steve20
thanks for the reference to VOA--if you cleaned up the impurities and took the moly out of BG MOA, it would be very similar to the stuff in the pink bottle

What is the pink bottle?

I would use it for a one time OCI with PYB to help as a cleaner... BG products are very good and this looks like it would help clean up an engine.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I would use it for a one time OCI with PYB to help as a cleaner... BG products are very good and this looks like it would help clean up an engine.

If that's the case than my engine must be squeaky clean as it's been used by dealer at all but 1 oil change. However, I dont plan to use it any longer.

To be 100 % on the up and up about MOA every car I have worked on it that used it looked dirty inside, we don't sell BG at work but have some people that bring it with them. BG 44K doesn't show me much either we use Techron because it works better in our inspections with cars that have used both and Techron is a better value cost wise. I always worry about companies that bribe users or salesmen.

Originally Posted By: vssjim
To be 100 % on the up and up about MOA every car I have worked on it that used it looked dirty inside

Wow...that is interesting. I wonder if that's just a coincidence, because if it isn't, it totally goes against what BG MOA is supposed to do.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lubedude13
Private message me and I can send you email links of bg studies

If it's anything like their [censored] "bgfueltest.com" website/car experiment you could drive a tractor trailer through the holes in their "studies".

There are lots wrong with their "study" but the huge one is when they do the dyno runs (you can see on Youtube) they dyno an AWD car on a 2WD dyno with the driveshaft disconnected and the AWD MIL light on! And then never post the dyno runs.

Originally Posted By: vssjim
I always worry about companies that bribe users or salesmen.

Me too, be it free product in exchange for positive testimony, or a cash kick back. Good products usually have no problems getting repeat customers or referrals based on their merits. I really can't speak one way or another for BG products though. They were sold at a few dealerships I worked for in the service department.

I have used BG transmission service (with my Amsoil fluid) and coolant service with great success.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to replace the oil pressure sending unit on my Titan. Much to my chagrin, I did not realize that so much oil would come out when I removed the sensor.

Long story short, I wound up having to do a complete oil change that I was not prepared for. I had my filter, but was not stocked on PU. Didn't feel like going to Walmart so I went to Oreilly and got 7qts of M1 5w30 cause it was on sale.

Had a valve tick with the M1 that I don't get with the PU. Got myself a can of the BG MOA and I swear the tick stopped immediately. Much quieter engine with the MOA and M1.

I'll send a UOA when I change this time to see if there is anything special.

I will say that I like the BG products much more than I like the shops pushing a warranty. I buy products based on performance, not warranty.

Originally Posted By: Lapithes
BG markets their products through dealers and mechanics, but you can also find it on eBay. I haven't seen any evidence that an engine with MOA lasts longer than one without, but if that evidence exists, I would like to take a look at it.

That would be impossible to prove with any additive, too many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back