Which oil filter for 1996 Ford Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
What filter do you think is the best for the Ford Powerstroke. Any advice would be helpful in making a sound, rational decision. The Motorcraft # is FL-1995. Thanks for the help. I just joined so I could post questions, but I've been reading posts on this website for about 3 months. I've learned a lot by just sitting back and listening to what some of the smarter people have to say.

Fleetguard, the HD truck parts company, offers a Stratapore oil filter #LF3974 for the PSD. The Stratapore uses a synthetic filter media. They also offer a standard cellulose filter #LF3630. Most Cummins parts houses should have these.
welcome.gif

Thanks for the replies, I wrote those numbers down. Another friend of mine said to look into the Baldwin brand. That is what he uses in his 18 wheeler. He said they were very good quality filter. Thanks again for your help.

quote:

Originally posted by welderboy:
Thanks for the replies, I wrote those numbers down. Another friend of mine said to look into the Baldwin brand. That is what he uses in his 18 wheeler. He said they were very good quality filter. Thanks again for your help.

Amsoil, Baldwin, Hastings are made in the same location. Baldwin makes a great filter.

If you want the best filter for your truck, get a by-pass filter, this will save you from dumping 16 qts. of oil every 3,000-5,000.

I've seen great results with this setup. I have a customer with over 100,000 miles without an oil change on a 2001 Power stroke.

Being that Amsoil, Hastings, and Baldwin filters are made in the same place. Can we conclude that they are the same filters, just rebadged? Or are there definite differences?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back