TCW3 newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Even if this stuff doesn't clean as effective, the thought of having a top end lube is a plus in my book. Every six months I'll still be using Redline ST1, during the rest of the time I would like to use TCW3.

Any recommendations on which one to get and how much to use? I don't know if one ounce per ten gallons is effective or not.

Thanks
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I would generally agree with this, except that I'm a believer in this and other lubricity adds from an electric fuel pump noise POV.

Also, some of my cars get used very seldomly, so I like the concept that it will leave a thin film of oil on parts (maybe I'm wrong, but similar to fogging an engine), and quality tcw3 also acts as a fuel stabilizer.

This is exactly why I use a UCL. For several years I had a second van which would sit for weeks, sometimes months at a time. I liked the idea of a thin residual film of oil coating the cylinder walls and preventing flash rusting. A UCL provides this kind of protection, along with protecting the injectors. Some people report higher mpg, others a smoother running engine. I've experienced a smoother running, and better idling engine in older cars. I think the UCL provides a better ring seal in cars that might have some piston ring wear. It is certainly worth trying and forming your own conclusions.

Dermapaint pretty much covered it all.
Great post

Originally Posted By: vo_marz
Originally Posted By: kb27
Originally Posted By: Donald
I am not convinced its needed at all in 4 cycle gas engines. Even in diesel engines its really only needed if there is a mechanical injector pump.

I used TCW3 in my TDI diesel.
It makes a big difference.

When used, the engine can quieten down dramatically and just cruise along smoothly vs a noisy engine when the TCW3 runs out.

brand / ratio pls
smile.gif

It's a local brand called Benzlube, but I'm switching over to Pennzoil TCW3 bcuz now I can get free shipping to Singapore.

Ratio is a low 1:1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back