1993 Chevrolet Blazer running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
How many hours? Am or pm? Will the shop be open tomorrow? They may be like 8-noon. Can you stop by before work and just have a talk with them? Feel em out.

Yep. And when he gets paid, it's a simple matter to see if his schedule matches theirs. They can fix it while he's at DD, and pick it up after work.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
I resisted for 37 pages but...try looks through the street view:
2akmlgm.jpg

You need to look through TEGGER Street View. Tegger Street View is the most accurate and up-to-date Street View available. Accept no substitutes.

2akmlgm.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tegger
2akmlgm.jpg

You need to look through TEGGER Street View. Tegger Street View is the most accurate and up-to-date Street View available. Accept no substitutes.

2akmlgm.jpg

*****!

Originally Posted By: babyivan
Originally Posted By: Tegger
2akmlgm.jpg

2akmlgm.jpg

*****!

2akmlgm.jpg

smile.gif

Yeah..........
lol.gif

Think they know what they are getting themselves into? lol

And WHY does all this happen right when they are about to close, until Monday..

OK. Next question: HOW DO I TAKE OFF MY HEADLIGHT, AS MY BULB IS OUT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
^^^ Actually, wait.. I see screws. I had to look, but I see them.

Make sure those screws aren't the adjusters

Spend $15 or so and buy the Chilton or Haynes Manual

Originally Posted By: cmorr

1. Too late... I screwed the adjusters, puzzled when it didnt come out.
smile.gif

2. I have the Haynes manual. I looked at it for headlights
2. IT WAS THE WIRES!! NOT THE BULB ITSELF. I jiggled the wires, it came back on, I put it back...
3. SIDE MARKER LIGHT is still out. I just left it alone, in the fear I would not be able to finish.

In doing this, I became overwhelmed with a wave of grief of my first two Volvos, and I really really want a third. Wonderful car. NJ this time. NJ may not be ALL that bad.

So! I FIXED THE LIGHT!
smile.gif

Now... Is it possible that when Marcelo times the engine.. I *MAY( not see the SES come on/off? (It has been coming on less frequently, but HAS been coming on. And my oil has been blackening more after I timed the engine closer..)

He claims that he did, in fact, buy a manual for this truck (that fact is buried among thousands of posts).

However, instead of reading it and then taking action, he chooses to obsess, publicly hypothesize, take video, post incessantly, go off on tangents, respond to posts, ignore advice and accomplish next to nothing...

Originally Posted By: Astro14

He claims that he did, in fact, buy a manual for this truck (that fact is buried among thousands of posts).

However, instead of reading it and then taking action, he chooses to obsess, publicly hypothesize, take video, post incessantly, go off on tangents, respond to posts, ignore advice and accomplish next to nothing...

Haynes manuals leave steps out, RIGHT? Because they are consolidated?

*I also said I bought one in the last post I made.

smile.gif

2. IT WAS THE WIRES!! NOT THE BULB ITSELF. I jiggled the wires, it came back on, I put it back...
3. SIDE MARKER LIGHT is still out. I just left it alone, in the fear I would not be able to finish.

In doing this, I became overwhelmed with a wave of grief of my first two Volvos, and I really really want a third. Wonderful car. NJ this time. NJ may not be ALL that bad.

So! I FIXED THE LIGHT!
smile.gif

Now... Is it possible that when Marcelo times the engine.. I *MAY( not see the SES come on/off? (It has been coming on less frequently, but HAS been coming on. And my oil has been blackening more after I timed the engine closer..)

So you're on a Volvo kick again? Stick with what you've got until you can buy a decent one cash ($3000), and have enough cash to cover repairs and tires.

Now go fix the lights as you've screwed them up and will blind everyone on the road.

Read this and follow:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mobile/cars/how-to/repair/1347221

http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-HEADLIGHT-AIMING-PROCEDURE.pdf

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

smile.gif

So! I FIXED THE LIGHT!
smile.gif

So you're on a Volvo kick again? Stick with what you've got until you can buy a decent one cash ($3000), and have enough cash to cover repairs and tires.

Now go fix the lights as you've screwed them up and will blind everyone on the road.

Read this and follow:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mobile/cars/how-to/repair/1347221

http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-HEADLIGHT-AIMING-PROCEDURE.pdf

I let it aim against a wall so I could fix the headlight projection.

Last edited:

Haynes manuals leave steps out, RIGHT? Because they are consolidated?

*I also said I bought one in the last post I made.

They are generally awful. Yours probably covers s10s and blazers from 1982-2010 and ALSO isuzu pups and mail truck jeeps!

It obsesses for twenty pages on how to bottle hone your cylinders but then will cram twelve wiring diagrams onto a single page using indecipherable photostats.

Just playing on google maps

http://goo.gl/maps/tLP6m

Not only is there the "machine shop" there are half a dozen repair shops within walking distance!!

Half the DD's customers are probably mechanics from the neighborhood!

Hate to say this but if you "jiggled the wires" and the light worked you didn't fix anything, you just came closer to identifying the fault (connection at the socket, short in the wire,etc)

You need to spend some time trying to isolate this and fix it right before you find yourself without, especially as we approach the Winter.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Not only is there the "machine shop" there are half a dozen repair shops within walking distance!!

Now we'll have 36 pages of "Which one should I use?"
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I was in the neighborhood today. Auto repair everywhere along the street. He will find a place. Those of us who care to be kind just need to coach him so he doesn't get ripped off.

USPS tracking #: 9400110200847024598761

It is In Transit. Is in Elk Grove, IL right now.

Wow, shipped on the 11th, you're scheduled delivery date passed (10/15) and is travelling from NY to NJ via IL ???

May want to email RockAuto

Seems his O2 sensor found it's way back to NJ. The USPS is a joke, First Class Mail, NY to NJ, looks like it will be 11 calendar days if delivered on Monday

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9400110200847024598761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back