Honda PCX 150 calls for jaso MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't believe Mobil 1 racing is Ester based although could contain a small amount of ester. But from what I have read it has gone to Visom. They have even said so them selves.

Last edited:
Quote:
No I don't believe Mobil 1 racing is Ester based although could contain a small amount of ester. But from what I have read it has gone to Visom. They have even said so them selves.

hence my reasoning for going with a cheaper full synthetic (Amsoil 10w-40 full synthetic scooter oil @ $8.17/qt) instead of paying $11-13/qt of Mobil 1 synthetic motorcycle oil, especially when my ride is rated to use 15w-40 conventional HDEO...

btw: if I was wanting to use a 15w-40 HDEO in my scoot I would lean toward Chevron DELO 400 LE or Shell Rotella Triple-T

Honda oil with the JASO MB rating is designed for the sump of dry clutch engines, and it has more moly than the conventional JASO MA rated oil.

I would stick with the MB rated oil if that's what your manufacturer specifies. There is lots of good info on the benefits of moly.

Mb oils are slicker and better for less friction and better fuel milege, if you dont have a wet clutch, mb is the best ticket to run.

But ma can be used, in an mB rated system, it just has less of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back