1993 Chevrolet Blazer running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hypervish
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

As to "fixing" the truck..

1. Still waiting on my 02 sensor.
2. I work the 6 days a week, and I get out where it would be the last half of anyone's day.
3. My break and work schedule, break schedule different every day, makes it real REAL HARD to coordinate with the machine shop across the street from my job. Then there is their schedule.

Why are you having a machine shop time the engine? Why not an actual auto repair/mechanic who does that kind of stuff for a living?

What happened with parking the blazer and getting a ride? Id go for that. Just park it at an auto repair place, use their night drop off to give 'em the keys, and leave your phone number for when its done. Often you can put in to not authorize or give you a call when repairs are over $x. Someone should work with you. Otherwise take it to the Dominican section of Newark and try to find a guy in a shop that will help you out, cash, and tell him how much you have.

I just dont see the issue with dropping the truck off. Plenty of folks in your financial position do not even have vehicles, as a bus pass is far more economical. Check out the NJ transit site, they will even route your trip for you if you cannot get a ride.

Even if you were to put in the O2 sensor and it runs better, Id want someone to professionally check timing. Why? Because if it is slightly off, you could well be destroying your engine, and not know it, and think all is well. Better safe than sorry.

You want to send TechnoLoGs into Newark! OH boy! This thread is about to get even better!
35.gif

I thought Corey Booker fixed it all up?

I used to drive my father there for work, maybe a year after I got my license. That way we could get down the shore earlier on Friday PM.

Still drive down McCarter Hwy sometimes to save a turnpike toll or two when I go back home.

When I got my 83 MB in 02 I had my first tire rack experience. My father and I drove into the dominican area and got a good deal on mounting and balance at some bright yellow-painted shop... It worked. Guy was nice.

Just to note mechanics may not want to work on older rusty vehicles due to the hassle. It takes too long to deal with rusty fasteners. Some places won't even touch an old exhaust, they can touch one thing and something else will break off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hypervish

As to "fixing" the truck..

1. Still waiting on my 02 sensor.
2. I work the 6 days a week, and I get out where it would be the last half of anyone's day.
3. My break and work schedule, break schedule different every day, makes it real REAL HARD to coordinate with the machine shop across the street from my job. Then there is their schedule.

Why are you having a machine shop time the engine? Why not an actual auto repair/mechanic who does that kind of stuff for a living?

What happened with parking the blazer and getting a ride? Id go for that. Just park it at an auto repair place, use their night drop off to give 'em the keys, and leave your phone number for when its done. Often you can put in to not authorize or give you a call when repairs are over $x. Someone should work with you. Otherwise take it to the Dominican section of Newark and try to find a guy in a shop that will help you out, cash, and tell him how much you have.

I just dont see the issue with dropping the truck off. Plenty of folks in your financial position do not even have vehicles, as a bus pass is far more economical. Check out the NJ transit site, they will even route your trip for you if you cannot get a ride.

Even if you were to put in the O2 sensor and it runs better, Id want someone to professionally check timing. Why? Because if it is slightly off, you could well be destroying your engine, and not know it, and think all is well. Better safe than sorry.

You want to send TechnoLoGs into Newark! OH boy! This thread is about to get even better!
35.gif

I thought Corey Booker fixed it all up?

I used to drive my father there for work, maybe a year after I got my license. That way we could get down the shore earlier on Friday PM.

Still drive down McCarter Hwy sometimes to save a turnpike toll or two when I go back home.

When I got my 83 MB in 02 I had my first tire rack experience. My father and I drove into the dominican area and got a good deal on mounting and balance at some bright yellow-painted shop... It worked. Guy was nice.

Was it Romero Tire, by one of the first set of cross-streets coming INTO Newark on Rt. 21?

I have gone there for tires, including on my 1989 Nissan 240SX. They RULE for tires! I just need a matching set of 4 next time.
laugh.gif

You think they can time it?

btw: Rt. 21 is TOTALLY different section than Ferry St/Ironbound. I love Newark, I know a lot of the area...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
I bet if you looked at Google Maps, you might find out the place has a name.

BC.

Apparently, it's name is "Machine shop."

Check this out.

From Google Maps:

machineshop_zps787a44d3.png

machineshop2_zps778cbd3f.png

Apparently, you're no where near as intelligent as a select few give you credit for.

Thank you 99Saturn.
Apparently Technologs isn't capable of using Google Maps in order to look at the street facing view of the building, nor is he capable of WALKING in front of the building in order to find out the name for himself, when he's right next door, at work.

Technologs, I am truly grateful that I'm not like you.
I just thought you should know that.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Apparently, you're no where near as intelligent as a select few give you credit for.

Thank you 99Saturn.
Apparently Technologs isn't capable of using Google Maps in order to look at the street facing view of the building, nor is he capable of WALKING in front of the building in order to find out the name for himself, when he's right next door, at work.

Technologs, I am truly grateful that I'm not like you.
I just thought you should know that.

BC.

Well you should give me credit that I used Google Maps and also timed my engine as best I could...

Well you should give me credit that I used Google Maps and also timed my engine as best I could...

Why should this be regarded as some sort of accomplishment? My 5 year old can use Google Maps. And she could probably time an engine too.

Well, I can't get a name or review of the place, so I will just say it say s"Machine shop" and "Engine replacement center" on the outside.

OMG do they follow you around?

Buy them several dozen donuts with your employee discount. Make friends with the counter guy. Work something out. Looks urban-ish; does DDs make you park far away so the customers get spaces? Just park somewhere between them and you and give them the keys and have them go at it.

This perhaps my be the first time in an Automotive DIY forum where the poster demanded accolades for posting a web based photo of the shop where he will be taking his car to for a timing check/adjustment...... in a week or so

Well done !!

Is this the place you're taking it? If so, you're getting somewhere. It took 36 pages, but still.......

Now:

1: Look at your weekly work schedule.

2: Find a day that you're at work that matches with them being open.

3: On that day, give them the keys and tell them you would like it timed. And if you have the sensor, have them put that on too. (Otherwise we/re looking at another 36 pages or so.)

4: Once that is done, and you are satisfied with their work, then make sure you go to them for all your car troubles. (There's no shame if you can't fix things yourself, and a good mechanic is priceless.).

Last edited:
Goodness. A 37 page thread and that vehicle is no closer to running correctly than it was in the original post. If I remember correctly the same thing happened with the Volvo back when he called himself GearHeadTool-multiple pages of advice, and nothing was ever fixed correctly.

Why do you guys keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Goodness. A 37 page thread and that vehicle is no closer to running correctly than it was in the original post. If I remember correctly the same thing happened with the Volvo back when he called himself GearHeadTool-multiple pages of advice, and nothing was ever fixed correctly.

Why do you guys keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results?

Have you been reading? Progress is being made.

Have you been reading? Progress is being made.

Your idea of progress differs vastly to our idea of progress.

BC.

JHZR2 What do you think of the place now?

What do I think???

Not sure. Sounds like they do more than machining, and they should have some experience getting replacement engines to work.

But you're giving the folks on here that done like you more fuel to their fire. Be careful. Keep going. Are you working tomorrow?

JHZR2 What do you think of the place now?

What do I think???

Not sure. Sounds like they do more than machining, and they should have some experience getting replacement engines to work.

But you're giving the folks on here that done like you more fuel to their fire. Be careful. Keep going. Are you working tomorrow?

Yes I work tomorrow, but I won't have money for like a week plus!

How many hours? Am or pm? Will the shop be open tomorrow? They may be like 8-noon. Can you stop by before work and just have a talk with them? Feel em out.

Yes I work tomorrow, but I won't have money for like a week plus!

Why not? You work a decent amount of hours (2 jobs?) and I assume you don't pay rent as you are living with your mother or some other relative. Ask yourself where your money is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back