Detroit Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only $550, plus shipping.
Actually, a good reason to buy this bike is that if it gets stolen, the thief might get charged with a felony. If the thief would steal your Chinese-made bike that you purchased from Wal-Mart, it might only be a misdemeanor.
(Curious what the American-made content of this bike really is....)

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
That sets the American transportation revolution back about 105 years.

That would be a good thing.

It would put them all before bankruptcy/bailout status ......
35.gif

I clicked on "about the bike", and all it gave me was that it's a 3-speed, has brakes, and that it's a really cool bike. They talk about the tires being big. Well, how big are they? Couldn't they get their tape measure out and let us know?

I just don't see $550 with the bike. I'm not paying a premium on a bicycle just because it's made in my neighborhood -- very few people would.

Apparently you are not a hipster
smile.gif

What if they called it iBike and gave it a white paint scheme?

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I clicked on "about the bike", and all it gave me was that it's a 3-speed, has brakes, and that it's a really cool bike. They talk about the tires being big. Well, how big are they? Couldn't they get their tape measure out and let us know?

I just don't see $550 with the bike. I'm not paying a premium on a bicycle just because it's made in my neighborhood -- very few people would.

They had a story on it in today's paper. The entrepeneur (originally from Canada) is capitalizing on the fact that the name "Detroit" apparently has a hip connotation, and he hopes this transfers to his product.

The hubs and saddle are imported.

Otherwise, it's virtually the exact same bicycle I had when I was 13.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
That sets the American transportation revolution back about 105 years.

Or forward depending on how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back