Opinions: MASTERFORCE 46" Tool Chest & Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Garage Journal. I have been reading up on these the last few months and people who have them, including professionals, have no complaints. They seem to be identical to the Montezuma brand, which is also well regarded.

Have you looked in Garage Journal? There's a good amount of discussion on Masterforce boxes there. I think the general concensus is that they're maybe a little better than the HF 44" box, but they're a good bit more expensive.

I have the HF 44" and I've been very happy for the price I paid.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
1000 bucks?!?! craigslist is your friend... you could get a toolbox like that full of tools for $1000

Maybe in your area...$1000 dollars on craiglist will not get me a box I want or tools I could use.

I have been checking out the HF US General Pro boxes and really like them. I am currently deciding on this Masterforce or the HF.

At work I cannot access too many websites so I have to use this one for my information.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Check out Garage Journal. I have been reading up on these the last few months and people who have them, including professionals, have no complaints. They seem to be identical to the Montezuma brand, which is also well regarded.

After looking at the Montezuma website, it appears either they are the same boxes, or closely modeled after each other. I wouldn't be surprized if Montezuma makes the Masterforce boxes.

Both the Masterforce and Montezuma boxes are made by Quality Craft. Q-C also makes stainless steel boxes for Sam's and possibly Costco. People on various forums say these boxes are very good too, so it all is pretty consistent.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
The Masterforce boxes are made by Quality Craft.

Yeah, after looking at Quality Craft I would have to say you are correct. I have read that Waterloo, T&E Tools, etc. built them. Sometimes it is hard to figure out.

I got the 56" (Special order) from Menards for cheap, and couldn't be happier with it. I think it was on sale for $998, then an additional 10% back as an in-store charge card. Almost bought the side box with the rebate card, but decided against.

Inspect the boxes before you load them onto your truck. Mine upper box had a forklift puncture that damaged the box, but they had a new one within 2 days.

Most drawers are Dbl ball bearing, and the boxes come with liners for every drawer.

I shopped used Snap-on, Mac, etc, but my requirements didn't justify the cost.

Originally Posted By: 951Indy
I got the 56" (Special order) from Menards for cheap, and couldn't be happier with it. I think it was on sale for $998, then an additional 10% back as an in-store charge card. Almost bought the side box with the rebate card, but decided against.

Inspect the boxes before you load them onto your truck. Mine upper box had a forklift puncture that damaged the box, but they had a new one within 2 days.

Most drawers are Dbl ball bearing, and the boxes come with liners for every drawer.

I shopped used Snap-on, Mac, etc, but my requirements didn't justify the cost.

Yeah, they seem to be a really well made boxes. I think the 46" OR 56" would serve me well. I really like the construction of them.

Originally Posted By: DodgeRamz2007
I am in the need of a new tool box for the DIYer. I am trying to get peoples opinions on this box. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardwa...o/p-1851838.htm

Anyone have one? Or know someone that has one? Quality seems to be great and the price is awesome. All opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!

I was looking at this same toolbox at menards the other night... Im going back to buy it, its pretty moce for the money id put ot on par with craftsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back