Nissan OEM filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
co worker asked me to change the oil in his 08 frontier 4.0, he had bought a filter from the dealer, i was expecting a made in china filter, but its made in mexico and looks almost identical to a wix 57356. Part number is 15208-9E01A. Any idea who makes it? Its a heavy filter and seems solid. I think its the equivalent to a puro 14610.

My Nissan's OEM filter is a HUGE heavy duty blue "Made In Japan" one. I have pics of it cut open here.

Here`s mine cut open. Sorry it`s a lil messy,I used an ancient hacksaw that would barely cut,and it got left outside for awhile before I took the pics,that`s why it`s got the debris along the media. Oil used on this oci was 3000 miles on Valvoline VR1 20W50. It was a HUGE pita to cut open!! Can is THICK!!:

2hecbr4.jpg

2qn313r.jpg

33vzq0y.jpg

25g6hyu.jpg

2l8xz.jpg

xqdekz.jpg

^^^ That can does look thick in the photos. Pleats are super straight ... looks like a nice filter construction wise.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ That can does look thick in the photos. Pleats are super straight ... looks like a nice filter construction wise.

I used a huge pair of channel locks to get it off,and you can see it didnt do any damage to it at all,never crushes it. Toughest filter I've ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back