2013 Subaru Crosstrek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking to downsize from my Siverado. Have been researching the Crosstrek as it seems to fit my criteria which is a hatch/crossover and decent mpg. Just looking it seems to meet what I want ( minus sat radio unless I want to go top line pricing) but I guess you need to make some compromises

Any owner experiences here?

I'm looking at a 2013 Premium Model, Desert Khaki,mats, molding, spoiler, mesh grill. With CVT

Quoted email price is 23,330

One thing I noticed is Subaru doesn't come much off msrp compared to other makers

Comments on the Crosstrek?

Drive both the crosstek and a forester. Price wise, they can be pretty close, but forester may be the better value for you? Look at truecar.com to get an idea on pricing. I was able to get the exact truecar price, which was right below invoice on my 2010. Markets vary of course.

Crosstek replaces the outback sport model of previous years. I used to think the outback sport was an underrated value compared to the base imreza. Now with new marketing and a new name, I'm not too sure about that...

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose

Quoted email price is 23,330

One thing I noticed is Subaru doesn't come much off msrp compared to other makers

Comments on the Crosstrek?

On price extremely popular car the Crosstrek/Impreza so price reductions not happening as much. That being said I know a few folks in NH who had a postive experience with this person Manchester Subaru

We drove it in the process of looking at cars. It made the short list but due to a family emergency we have stopped looking for a few weeks.

Goldstein Subaru in Albany has a lifetime warranty that they add. You are not that far from Albany.

Of course if depends upon how long you are going to keep the vehicle.

Unfortunately, Subaru's are not discounted much nowadays as their popularity has skyrocketed over the past several years and they can barely keep enough supply on dealer lots.

Although you may not be able to score a steep discount off MSRP, all Subarus generally hold their value very well and reliability ratings are commensurate with what one expects from a Japanese manufactured vehicle.

If I had to replace my '05 Forester today, it would be a toss between the Crosstrek and Forester.

I've heard that the CVT models have really improved fuel economy over the antiquated 4sp AT they replaced.

Yeah, the Crosstrek is a neat looking vehicle. My two local Subaru dealers don't even advertise them, so they must sell well without the need, which means very little discounts off of MSRP.

FWIW, the most I could get off of MSRP on my 2013 Subaru Legacy Premium 2.5i, CVT was $700, but that varies by region/popularity in a big way. All things remain the same, I could always sell it for more than I owe.

Misread the original price it's $23,033....so 300 less MSRP is right under 25k

I just got another quote from a different dealer but this is for a 2014. It doesn't have the spoiler or mesh grill but it does have the Navigation package which has the Sirius XM. He quoted invoice of 24,200 and then would take another 500 off for military discount.

So 23,700 for the 2014 with navigation/satellite radio vs 23,033 for the 2013 with some nice asthetic options

Is the 2014 a better deal? I guess I could add a spoiler and grill later on. Seems easier to add that stuff than a satellite system

2014 dealer is closer and does give free oil changes and inspections for life

Comments?

Ps. The MSRP for the 2014 is a tic under 26K

I looked one up on truecar.com and they estimate 24,153 for a 2014 model with an MSRP of 25,550. I'm assuming that is the model you are looking at. Your quote for the 2014 model seems reasonable with the $500 military discount.

The variables are in the hidden fees the dealers try to add on after you agree on price such as "registration fee", "window etching", "extended warranty", etc. etc.

In my estimation, the quote you received is reasonable provided the dealer does not try to hit you up with add-ons.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah only other fee I can imagine is the doc fee that generally runs 3 to 400 range in my experience

I'm pretty good at stonewalling the extended warranty and it's ilk type add ons

Going to look at it now

Ps a lot also depends on what my Silverado will bring in trade. According to Galves 21-22.5 is the going trade in my area

Test drive was good. Seems like a good car for the $$. Some wind noise from the big mirrors and roof rails but nothing too bad.

Could not believe the number of people buying Subarus. I had to wait almost half an hour till I could get my salesperson

Go back tomorrow morning with the truck and if I get my trade price I'll do the deal

Could not believe the number of people buying Subarus. I had to wait almost half an hour till I could get my salesperson

Yeah, it's ridiculous my way too. You could walk around the lot for hours and not have any sales personnel approach you.

Omg I went back after dinner to show the wife (dealer closed) and there it was out back with a sold sticker. I left with the dealer closing and I guess the people who test drove the Blue Crosstrek when I drove the Dark Gray one liked the Gray better. My bad for not having my truck with me

Called salesman and he said that they could get same car from another dealer in a day or so

Not sure how I feel about buying a car without driving it first. The Blue one is out because of the beige interior. No cure what Subaru was thinking there.....instant dirt stains

Not sure how I feel about buying a car without driving it first.

Didn't you drive one in a different color/option package?

I signed the papers on my new Dodge Grand Caravan w/out having driven one. LOL. I've done that on a few new vehicle purchases.

meh, its a impreza with plastic cladding, high heels, and a transmission that might as well have the personality of a blender. go with a forester, it is more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back