Napa Silver 31334 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is that filter? I think the new NAPA Silvers have the combo ADBV/bypass valve. This one still had the old style base end bypass and separate ADBV.

I opened up a Napa Silva for my Honda Accord and it looked just like that. However I felt the filter element was very small compared to others that I opened.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
How old is that filter? I think the new NAPA Silvers have the combo ADBV/bypass valve. This one still had the old style base end bypass and separate ADBV.

i bought it last october.

Originally Posted By: David1
I opened up a Napa Silva for my Honda Accord and it looked just like that. However I felt the filter element was very small compared to others that I opened.

agree, not too impressed with this filter but not too bad for under $4.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
hmm... odd exactly the same as the Napa Gold I just opened

Not really, as the NAPA Gold should have a silicone ADBV and the media is probably different (better efficiency).

The Silvers can be a very good buy. The combo valves depend somewhat on application, they don't all have it. I recently bought 3 and only 1 had the combo valve.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The Silvers can be a very good buy. The combo valves depend somewhat on application, they don't all have it. I recently bought 3 and only 1 had the combo valve.

Still a better buy than the OCOD I just realized this filter is exactly the same as the carquest red i posted a while back.

I would use it for a 3k oci

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Are these silver filters supposed to be better than their pro-select?
To rate them tier wise,

1.) Gold
2.) Silver
3.) ProSelect

So yes the Silver is supposed to be better than the NPS.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Are these silver filters supposed to be better than their pro-select?

Yes they are supposed to be. From what I've seen they do have a little bit more media than a comparable Pro Select, just a few pleats worth. I don't know if there is any difference in the media itself, I kinda doubt it. The Gold does have improved media over the Silver.

Silvers have a better looking paint job also I think that's about it. Silvers frequently go on sale for just $2.54, a wowser deal IMO I have bought several lately.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Wouldn't the Platinum rate above the Gold as #1?

Yes, I guess I was thinking as compared to traditional cellulose/blend media construction similar to the Silver/NPS as opposed to synthetic media filters like the Platinum. But, with the Platinum synthetic included that would #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back