Acadia Oil Change MileGuard MO10060.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil on my dad's Acadia. He told me Jiffy Lube changed his oil and they charged him $75. Yikes, $75!!!!!!!!

Any rate I got him a 6 pack of Mobil 1 and his Acadia and my Silverado take the same AC Delco PF48 oil filter (I have a big stash).

I changed his oil and oil filter. Apparently the MileGuard oil filters are those el-cheapo Champ E-Core oil filters. The oil filter does not even have an ADBV.

Here are some pics.

Filter.
10260752484_620ec36f38_o.jpg

Inside, notice E-core and no ADBV?

10260974653_f799aba8ff_o.jpg

Jiffy Lube put this POS on my F150 company truck before I started driving it (previous driver took it there). Just changed the oil this weekend and put in QSUD and a M1 filter. Not to mention the idiots must have installed the drain plug with an impact driver. The thing was on so freaking tight I almost had to put my 2ft long torque wrench on it to break it loose. Needless to say, the truck is in good hands now.

Originally Posted By: solorexpy
Jiffy Lube put this POS on my F150 company truck before I started driving it (previous driver took it there). Just changed the oil this weekend and put in QSUD and a M1 filter. Not to mention the idiots must have installed the drain plug with an impact driver. The thing was on so freaking tight I almost had to put my 2ft long torque wrench on it to break it loose. Needless to say, the truck is in good hands now.

When changing the oil filter, thankfully they didn't crank the oil filter on super tight, but the drain plug was cranked on pretty good.

Also, his Acadia does not have an engine cover. Since my father never goes under the hood, he did not notice. My bet is they took the cover off and forgot to put it back on.

Originally Posted By: David1
All I can say is it looks like it did its job.

I'm not really slamming on the filter for being an E-core, my thing is, why no ADBV? The PF48 has ab ADBV. On my Silverado the ADBV might not be needed, but on the Acadia, the filter DOES NOT hang vertical.

Last edited:

youre complaining that they put it too tight, yet you want to use your torque wrench to break it loose. lol

If you look very carefully past that second plate you may find an ADBV after all. I changed the oil on my mother's car recently and her filter looked very similar to this one. On quick inspection it appeared to be without ADBV, but after closer inspection I can detect an ADBV beyond the second plate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
If you look very carefully past that second plate you may find an ADBV after all. I changed the oil on my mother's car recently and her filter looked very similar to this one. On quick inspection it appeared to be without ADBV, but after closer inspection I can detect an ADBV beyond the second plate.

One way to find out ... CUT IT OPEN!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers

One way to find out ... CUT IT OPEN!
grin.gif

I plan on cutting this filter open. I will post pics of the internals.

Definitely an ecore, but I too believe it may have an adbv. Ecores have two tapping plates, the outer exposed plate is simply there to make installation easier. Adbv would be behind inner plate.

Not a fan of ecores, but without cutting it open for inspection, one can't really say it didn't function well and do it's job here.

Just from the limited pictures, the filter doesn't look bad! I think that the E-Core is fine for the standard length OCI(maybe up to 7500 miles) and Champion knows it.

Just like the Fram OCOD with it cardboard end caps. Good for the standard OCI and same, "up to" 7500 miles OCI!

I mean, we're throwing away better filters after just one OCI(3K-5K miles) on them and I am starting to think that we're all under using our oil filters. Sure it's good insurance but, it's borader line waste...maybe?

The ecore can be a terrible filter for up to 3k miles, depending on the quality of the spacing and bonding of the pleats. If there are large spaces between some pleats you risk the pleat flattening out against the cage and tearing like a sheet of paper on the edge of a table.

Yes, that has happened to me.

If the filter has tight even pleats I think it's a great filter, like any well made cartridge filter.

And since it's pretty easy to view down the center tube, you should be able to spot the bad versus good ones.

Can't necessarily condemn Jiffy Lube either for using the ecore application here. The ACDelco OEM E series is also an ecore, so for this application it's likely appropriate.

I can't speak to the rest of the applications, but based on Champ made, best guess says same as Firestone and Wally TLE oil filter line. Some ecore, some classic construction.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima

youre complaining that they put it too tight, yet you want to use your torque wrench to break it loose. lol

Maybe you're thinking of impact wrench. I'm referring to the big [censored] ratchet. Its all about leverage!

The mileguard does have an adbv. I know because I let it sit upside down for about 1/2 hr until all the oil drained out. I started to cut it open but ran out of time. As soon as I got through the metal, oil started pouring out! I ended up throwing it away. Wish I would have saved it so I could dissect it this coming weekend.

Are the MileGuard oil filters made by Fram or Champ?

The Fram oil filter for the Acadia is a PH10060, while the MileGuard is a MO10060.

The Champ oil filter is the PH48.

I will hazard a guess that the MileGuard filter is a Champ E-core filter with a Fram part number?

Ecores such as the MileGuard are a Champ made filter. Of course now both Fram and Champ are owned by Rank Grp., and Champ is placed under the Fram banner.

I'd agree that in this case it's a Champ made filter using a Fram numbering system. Not positive but I suspect the Wally TLE oil filters now do the same as they now are Champ made too but they labeled as Fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back