K&N Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLJ

I bought a K&N Filer last week and notice that it was made in Korea. When did this happen? They used to be made in USA.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Look at the korean cars if they build the filters as good as their cars that would be a plus

The Korean filters for Hyundai and KIA appear to be well built. Most likely K&N is supplying the specs they want the filters to meet. Are the specs the same as the Champion made filters, time will tell. Will the Korean made filters save us the consumer any money versus the US Champion made filter, unlikely.

Whimsey

I have a USA Made K&N however I was at AZ the other day and saw the K&N made in Koera and they put Plastic film over the top of them.

It seemed different from the USA ones.

Now sure if better or not as good

I would have to see one open.

However I could tell it was not the same

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Most likely K&N is supplying the specs they want the filters to meet. Are the specs the same as the Champion made filters, time will tell. Will the Korean made filters save us the consumer any money versus the US Champion made filter, unlikely.

I think Jay Buckley summed it up pretty well here:
Originally Posted By: Motorking
The filter efficiency has been reduced from the mid 90's% range down to mid 80 percent range in our testing. They no have lower efficiency, lower capacity and a lower cost that they are not passing along to end users.

This is from his post in the thread linked by sayjac above.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

I think Jay Buckley summed it up pretty well here:
Originally Posted By: Motorking
The filter efficiency has been reduced from the mid 90's% range down to mid 80 percent range in our testing. They no have lower efficiency, lower capacity and a lower cost that they are not passing along to end users.

This is from his post in the thread linked by sayjac above.

Goes to show you right there that other companies are performance testing the competition's oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back