Kenwood or Clarion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
If I was going to get a new car stereo, these will be my choices in order of preference:

Alpine/Eclipse > Panasonic/JVC > Kenwood > Pioneer > Sony/dual/clarion/misc. krrap.

Clarion made some really good stuff at one point. I would not dump them in the same basket as dual and Sony.

Yep - but I took into consideration that current offerings from Clarion is far from what it was once in terms of quality and design; I have a feeling they've cut a lot of corners lately.

(All that said when we wanted a really affordable HU for the Elantra we did go with a low-end Pioneer with AUX jack, mainly due to price and that it matched the Elantra's dash lighting/color and overall design perfectly. It's a decent and solid performer, but nothing special.)

Last edited:
My question got buried :-(
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can you describe how the JVC unit handles two phones which have been paired with it? Does it do the "first come first connect" automatically or do you have to initiate the manual connect (either from the phone or from the JVC) when the "other" phone is brought in the car?

I occasionally share the vehicle with my spouse. I wan to make sure if she drives the car alone, her phone should pair and connect with the JVC *without* her having to do anything at all.

I just purchased one of the gizmo aka GoGroove FlexSmart X2 aka Bluetooth Car adapter and it doe NOT handle the above case. I am willing to get the JCV stereo but only if it will be as seamless as a real built-in new car BT system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back