Any more black can Supertech oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen any in awhile and have been using either AC Delco or Purolator Classic or PureOne, mostly Classic.. Any more black can Supertech oil filters?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Are you bored, and couldn't think of anything better to start a thread on?

I was thinking about oil filters. I just dropped the car off at the mechanic.

Last edited:
That, and I personally havent seen a black can Supertech filter since 2010, so, do they still make and sell them?

SuperTech ... aka, "media blow-out eCore special". They were discontinued for a good reason ... junk.
grin.gif

I know Supertech filters were kind of cheap oil filters, but were there any engines damaged from using Supertech oil filters?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stchman
I know Supertech filters were kind of cheap oil filters, but were there any engines damaged from using Supertech oil filters?

My guess is that there were, and the lawsuits and payments for damaged engines is what caused their demise - just a theory.
grin.gif
If you saw some of the photos posted here with the media blow-outs, you'd have to conclude that big chunks of media went into the engine which can't be a good thing.

Up until very recently you could have gone to O'R and grab a MicroGard for $1.50-$2.00 more than the $2.84 ST's and have the same filter. Or, you can get your oil changed at Wally's TLE or Firestone and end up with basically the same thing. Or, buy an STP filter at AZ and you got the same or very close.

But no, no more ST's sold at Wally, For 43 cents more you now get a Classic, more efficient and none are ecores.

I used walmart black can filters for many years. When I got on bitog and started learning about oil and filters and started cutting filters apart, I began to understand the whole business. About that time walmart began dumping motorcraft and adding fram. They had MC's for $2.77. I bought out all the FL1a's and the shorter version as well. All those years using the WM black cans, I never had a problem.

Interestingly, most of those years I was using GTX 10-40 and occasionally, 20-50........

My how times have changed, now it's M1, T-5 and T-6.........

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back