PUROLATOR CLASSIC L25288 Broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Frank D
How long was that filter in use?

Always change OIL and Filter between 3500 Miles and 5000 Miles, depends if there is a deal on Oil and filter at AAP or AZ..

However this truck with a I6 Its really refereed to as a 4.2L 256CI L6 FI

Im sure F1 means FUEL INJECTED and Im not sure what CI stands for, I think 256 might mean 256 Cubic Inch, and the L6 means Inline 6

,,, its a straight 6 Not V6 sry about that mistake , so used to talking about my Honda w/V6

I should refer to it as a 6 cylinder ...

anyways when it hit near 75K i started to use MaxLife and MMO just to clean out all the slug that these ENGINES are know to make....

now this last change I went with 100% Syn.. 5 QT of Valvoline SynPower 5W30 and 1 QT of MMO and 1 QT of Peak FULL SYN 5W30

thats 7 QTs Total.

Also I just changed the spark Plugs and what I found very strange was when I took off number 5 spark plug boot the spark plug was broke... but not broke in half... it was split down the side however it didnt hit the middle of the plug, as if you were to take a knife and cut off a sliver....

anways just replaced with $2.99 a plug Denso PTV16TT Platinum TT Spark Plugs

It had A/C Iridium's what were wore out and as I said 1 broke... Probably from heat.

I dunno..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
All I can say is I am liking FRAM more and more =). Wont be changing any time soon.

Im starting to think FRAM is good if you follow the OCI, if you use the cheap one make sure you change each 3000 miles.. ALso do not use it on a High Performance car...

The TOUGH Gaurd, I feel is good

and The Ultra is great for any car

My one granpa * NOT the one who worked at GM for 23 year * My other gramps that has been in the auto repair bussiness for 50 years has always told me back from when I was 16 to always use a good FRAM OIL FILTER... Well back in them days there was only 1 FRAM OIL FILTER...

However in his SHOP he uses GROUP 7, b.c he gets a good deal on them..

back when he told me to use FRAM they were were owned by Bendix Corporation then Alied Signal or something I forget.. but when My gramps really liked Fram is when Bendix owned and then owned by Alied signal.. I think they are owned now by Rank Group / Honeywell

I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back