Kralinator oil filters (Mr.Lube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I discovered something new this morning in my emails with one of the Dana technical reps here in Canada, and that is that the Kralinator oil filters used by the fast lube chain Mr.Lube up here are indeed their first line product, meaning it is the same as the NAPA Gold and Carquest Premium!

So you get the glass enhanced T3 media along with the silicone antidrainback valve. Funny thing is, Mr.Lube asks people if they want to pay extra for the OEM filter for their cars, but in most of those cases you'd be paying extra for an inferior filter! (especially if you own a Honda, since you'd be getting a Fram!)

I'm not sure if any place up here in Canada sells the Kralinator filters, or if they are just a Mr.Lube only item.

So if you're a Canadian and you don't like changing your own oil, the basic Mr.Lube package isn't such a bad deal after all, since they offer you Castrol GTX along with these Kralinator oil filters.

Interesting to know ...
smile.gif

There is a local parts store that carries these filters here in town. They are about the same price as Wix filters, Napa Gold and Carquest filters offered at other local parts stores.

Call some of your local auto parts store, you'd be surprised what filters they carry. I was surprised how many of our parts stores carried Wix filters after I called around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back