Ingersol Rand All Season Select Air Compressor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so hopefully I put this post in the correct spot, but if not, hopefully a MOD will see this and get it to the correct location... With that said, here's my question/issue:

I have a Ingersoll Rand series T30 air compressor and it calls for the supposedly synthetic All Season T30 Select oil to be run in the compressor. Now... that's all fine and good, but the stuff is difficult to find for sale, other than at Tractor Supply, where they sell the compressors brand new.

Additionally, our local Tractor Supply store doesn't ever seem to have a very good "on-hand" stock of the stuff, and they are always "out of stock", which really ticks me off!

BTW, last time I checked (a week ago) this super-stuff was selling for $15 bucks a quart, which is utterly ridiculous if you ask me!

So, my question at hand is this... Does anyone know what this oil really is? Ingersoll Rand has done a great job at making it very difficult for the average Joe to figure out what grade of oil they are peddling as "All Season Select" compressor oil.

From the MSDS Sheet, here's the best info that I can provide:

All Season T30 Select is a diester based synthetic lubricant formulated for use in Ingersoll Rand Type 30 Reciprocating Air Compressors.

Mixture-Chemical Family: Diester

The components of this product are NOT listed as hazardous or toxic according to OSHA (29 CFR OSHA 1910.1200), NTP, IARC, and SARA 313.

Boiling Point: N/A
Viscosity: 96.9 cSt @ 40 deg Celsius
Vapor Density: Greater than air
Solubility in Water: Negligible
Appearance: Light straw-colored fluid
Odor: Mild ester odor
Pour Point: -40 deg Fahrenheit
Specific Gravity: 0.92
Percent Volatile: Negligible
Evaporation Rate: Not volatile, slower than Butyl Acetrate

Flash Point: 480 deg F
Method Used: ASTM D92
Flammable Limits: Not established

Well, that's about it for "INFO" that I can provide. Bottom line is that I'm DYING to know what this [censored] is equivalent to, because I'd LOVE to buy something that is comparable and hopefully MUCH cheaper and easier to obtain for my (and my work's as well) air compressor.

Any help from Bob or anyone that "really knows his sheet" when it comes to the technical aspects of oils, would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

The most common dispersant types are organic and have been for decades.

Ashless detergents are known but not common and finding one that could match the capabilities of the metallic soaps is something of a Holy Grail, given the move towards lower ash content to protect catalysts and DPFs.

Aviation piston engines typically require an ashless oil and some gas-fuelled engines use very low- or ash-free oils.

Well that's weird! I meant this to be a reply to another post - please move along now, nothing to see here!

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Equivalent to Mobil Rarus 827 (synthetic)

Are they both Di-ester base oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back