the cop just left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my Girlfriend shooting with her new shotgun. Got home and cleaned the gun in her driveway using my tailgate as a table because that hopps #9 stinks! I guess a neighbor saw me with it and called the cops. Cop asked what me what was going on so I told him that I was cleaning it outside to keep the smell outside and he laughed. Then I showed him the empties rolling around in the bed of the truck.

He said he has seen enough and told us to have a nice day.

man dont you know.. firing a shotgun has been shown to cause cancer..... in California :p

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I wanna know who called the cops. Nothing wrong with cleaning a legal shotgun

No [censored]. I thought you lived out in the sticks on a dirt road, anyway.

Yeah, can't have unauthorized shotgun cleaning going on. People start thinking they can clean their own guns on their own property, anarchy's next.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I wanna know who called the cops. Nothing wrong with cleaning a legal shotgun

No [censored]. I thought you lived out in the sticks on a dirt road, anyway.
I do but she lives in a trailer park

Surprised that you wouldn't get charged with brandishing in that crazy state. Im sure in some parts you would eventhough its broken down and being cleaned on private property.

I thought it was due to the emissions from the Hoppe's... California emissions, you know...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I thought it was due to the emissions from the Hoppe's... California emissions, you know...

hahahahaha only in california!!!

I'm glad that it all went well and a SWAT team didn't gun you down.

Under Oz law, if you come home and crack a coldie while cleaning your guns, you are drinking in control of firearm, and off you go into the system...

As to nosey neigbours, in the peak of our drought, we had a massive red-dust storm. Better half was washing it off when the Police arrived. A neighbour had reported her washing a car, when the number plate laws said that it couldn't be washed until Thursday. Better half tried explaining that if she drove it covered in 1/16" of red dust, he'd ticket her for inability to see, and he finally calmed down, and let her wash it with a bucket.

Empty ammo cases in the back of the pickup????

You could endanger the whole community.
grin2.gif

I gotts to ask:

What is the final verdict regarding what shot she is going to keep in it?

I kinda though the idea of the first and maybe even the second round (depending on if she can rack the second round fast), being something with small bb's like 7 shot so it would not penetrate neighbors, and then some 00 was a good idea.

And did you set up any thing other than paper targets to see what the different loads can do?

Listen to this.
My wife took a walk around neighborhood a few days ago. She has been doing that daily for over a year, and we lived here for several years. I join her when I can. Anyhow, some one in the neighborhood call cops describing a suspicious individual. 2 squad cars showed up to check my wife's ID.

Crazy. BTW, my wife is 5'2" and 135 lbs, minds her own business and listens to ipod while walking.

Chris142, by cleaning that shotgun in the open, not only did you get at least one of the neighbors to call the police, but you have broadcast to the entire trailer park via actually being seen with it, and probably also via giving them something to talk about, that your girlfriend now keeps a shotgun in her trailer. There is probably a better than 50 percent chance that who ever has been breaking into her trailer lives in the trailer park, and also now knows about the shotgun.

And after the crook learns of the shotgun they will be doubly sure that you girlfriend is not home before they break in the next time. Because they are probably looking for valuable items, they will add that shotgun to their shopping list. Since a shotgun is a fairly long item, and there are a limited amount of places it can be hidden in a trailer, now knowing that it is there they will probably search for it and find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back