PurOl Oil (5w30)----AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone herard of this oil? Its made by Purol USA out in Ontario, CA. Its a little pricey at 13.99 a quart, and they claim it can help clear up to 12HP! I drive a 2011 Hyundai Sonat 2.0T and paired that with an awesome Hyundai OEM oil filter (the BEST OUT THERE...IMHO) and wow, it smoothed out the engine so much during idle and best of all throught the entire poer band. Ithink the only mistake was NOT getting a before and after DYNO....just to see any changes if any. Based on my FIRST IMPRESSION I already HIGHLY RECOMMEND this OIL. Hopefully price will come down just a little. Otherwise very satisfied customer! Let me know if any of you have tried this!

Originally Posted By: hector3dlg
I drive a 2011 Hyundai Sonat 2.0T and paired that with an awesome Hyundai OEM oil filter (the BEST OUT THERE...IMHO)

Hector3dlg

I have never read of an "awsome" oil filter. For those of us who have never encountered such a filter can you advise the difference you find in that filter compared to what I would get from the Subaru oil filter I use in my Impreza or the Mazda oil filter I use in my MX5/Miata.

Looking forward to your description of it's "awsoemness"

eddie

I think he meant "awsomeeee". Wow, 12 extra hp huh? Probably 12 extra mpg also.
lol.gif

Never heard of the oil, but I've been here for a while and let me give you some clues as to what I think of this post.

- First post from a new member claiming they found some miracle oil, check.
- scetchy looking website for the oil, check.
- all sorts of vague claims about the oil (exceeds API specs, increases horse power, etc.), check.
- No mention of any official certification holder, check.
- bunch of testimonials from total strangers, check.

I'm not going to call out anybody yet and will wait for more detail...

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Never heard of the oil, but I've been here for a while and let me give you some clues as to what I think of this post.

- all sorts of vague claims about the oil (exceeds API specs, increases horse power, etc.), check.

+1

I looked at the web site. I get the impression that it is a specialty racing oil. If it is good for regular use, it might get a bigger niche in the marketplace. But with Amsoil, Red Line, Mobil, and all the others making high quality synthetic oils I doubt there is much new in this particular brand, assuming that it is up to snuff.

No definately dont work for them......I am also skeptical and i have it in my engine as we speak....I just figured that I try it and see what happens and go from there....get a UOA at the end, and see what info we can gather from that....thats it really. Just first impressions so far

It is probably not wise to go with a product that has ONLY testimonials and no scientific/technical data especially when the cost is so much out of line with proven products.

oh also I purchased mine from Bisimoto Engineering, as they are a distributor. I'll post some picks from my oil chage later today when I get home.....front and back of the bottles and such....I think it can be compared more to Eneos Oil. As far as color and smell (yes Eneos has a vodka/alcohol-ish smell to it) same here with PuOl just not as strong.

We should invite PurOl to comment on this thread. Pennzoil, Mobil 1, Valvoline, Castrol, and Schaeffer Oil have all decided it was worth it. This could be an excellent opportunity for PurOl to promote their product and BITOG members to learn more about blending oil.

Otherwise, I have seen no information on their website that would lead me to believe this is even serviceable oil. It isn't API approved.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
We should invite PurOl to comment on this thread. Pennzoil, Mobil 1, Valvoline, Castrol, and Schaeffer Oil have all decided it was worth it. This could be an excellent opportunity for PurOl to promote their product and BITOG members to learn more about blending oil.

Otherwise, I have seen no information on their website that would lead me to believe this is even serviceable oil. It isn't API approved.

I agree I'll def work on this as well.

....And all this at the excellent price of $20.55/Quart!

- Name dropping of the dealer the product was purchased from, check.

$13.99 at BisimotoEngineering.com. I going to recieving some more supporting documentation for you guys later this afternoon. I'll share/post it as soon as I can.

Its prob PAO based stands for PAO (polyalphaolefin), used for cooling avionics on aircraft among other things. But because its used in fighter jets, thats where they extracted "Aerospace Technology for your car"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back