XG3506b.jpg

XG3506c.jpg

XG3506d.jpg

XG3506e.jpg

XG3506f.jpg

XG3506g.jpg

XG3506h.jpg

See: TG3506 to compare to a ToughGuard.

Looks good ... the Ultra is a nice filter. The oil is very clean for 5,700 miles.
grin.gif

It has another Delco on it now, which I will probably cut open when done.

These were just to get a look inside and see how the filters held up (admittedly they were short intervals)...

Hopefully some find them interesting ...

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Use a XG3675 instead. It's a bigger filter.

it work on any 5.3l vortec ?

No. There was a change at 07.

I remember watching a Fram video that fiber end caps are no different than metal end caps.

Apparently the folks at Fram think that metal end caps are only different for high cost filters.

Originally Posted By: stchman

Apparently the folks at Fram think that metal end caps are only different for high cost filters.

It's been explained many times in the last couple weeks why Fram has to use metal end caps on the Ultra due to the design of that particular filter. Hint ... it's 2 layer, full synthetic media with a metal wire mesh backing.

Looks good. For me though the XG would be overkill for this oci, but that's just me.

I do prefer the tapping plate design used in this application to the one used on the XG7317. Again just me.

And note the black sealant/glue between the tapping plate and canister body, as was recently posted on the Fram made A02 with what looked to be some excess.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Looks good. For me though the XG would be overkill for this oci, but that's just me.

Without a doubt... So was the Mobil 1 EP... it was an experiment of sorts.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
And note the black sealant/glue between the tapping plate and canister body, as was recently posted on the Fram made A02 with what looked to be some excess.

Noticed that as well and thought the same thing.

This is a nice filter at a good price in my opinion.

Looks great, both of them actually.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting! It is appreciated.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

It's been explained many times in the last couple weeks why Fram has to use metal end caps on the Ultra due to the design of that particular filter. Hint ... it's 2 layer, full synthetic media with a metal wire mesh backing.

I have never seen it discussed here before. Like 5W20 VS 5W30; why is that never discussed in the oil section?
27.gif

FRAM did a great job on the FU. Great pics and thanx for posting.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I have never seen it discussed here before. Like 5W20 VS 5W30; why is that never discussed in the oil section?
27.gif

I thought you were a daily reader of the filter forum. If you don't read every thread, you're gonna miss out on some things.
frown.gif

27.gif

I thought you were a daily reader of the filter forum. If you don't read every thread, you're gonna miss out on some things.
frown.gif

Z06, that was a joke. Humor, ARK ARK!
grin.gif

grin.gif

I guess, couldn't really tell. But is has been discussed here a number of times. Don't tell me you don't know why the Ultra has metal end caps ...
whistle.gif

grin.gif

I guess, couldn't really tell. But is has been discussed here a number of times. Don't tell me you don't know why the Ultra has metal end caps ...
whistle.gif

Everyone knows that answer. After failing with the cardboard end caps on all of their other filters they finally got it right on the FU with the metal end caps.
lol.gif

grin.gif

whistle.gif

Everyone knows that answer. After failing with the cardboard end caps on all of their other filters they finally got it right on the FU with the metal end caps.
lol.gif

Apparently not, since the reason why they have to use metal end caps on the Ultra comes up about every other day. If Fram didn't have to use metal end caps, they wouldn't.
grin.gif

grin.gif

whistle.gif

lol.gif

Apparently not, since the reason why they have to use metal end caps on the Ultra comes up about every other day. If Fram didn't have to use metal end caps, they wouldn't.
grin.gif

If they didn't use metal end caps it would just be another "BLAH" OCOD. It would then have to join the other FRAM filters for their best use; target practice!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back