BLUE adbv material?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
I have heard of red and black/ What material is Blue.
Its a denso filter

Is that for a boat engine?

Sometimes blue is to represent Marine

Its a denso filter

The TRD spin-on filters for Toyotas have a blue silicone ADBV:

TRDSpinOn1_27SEP13_zpsb79b28cf.jpg

TRDSpinOn2_27SEP13_zps714a5831.jpg

TRDSpinOn3_27SEP13_zps1d83f1ed.jpg

These filters are Made in USA by Champion Labs/Fram.

thumbsup2.gif

Picture of it here

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/540497-yamaha-115-oil-filter.html#post6042080

Saw your other question about torque in the link above. 15~20 N-m is 11~15 ft-lbs. That filter has a "P-gasket" on it, and what I've found is the can of the filter will actually bottom out on the filter seat. So that torque they call out will completely compress the P-gasket. You can't really go by "turns" with a P-gasket. I'd tighten it 2/3 ~ 3/4 turns by hand it if will go that far, or until the can bottoms out while tightening by hand.

The Wix "combo" ADBV and bypass valves come in about 4 or 5 colors as well, although I've only actually seen black in person.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The Wix "combo" ADBV and bypass valves come in about 4 or 5 colors as well, although I've only actually seen black in person.

I don't think anyone has shown if those "combo" valves are silicone or nitrile. I'm assuming nitrile, and the colors are used to represent different by-pass pressure settings.

From what I understand, all current Denso oil filters use a silcon ADBV.The Toyota filter Denso makes has a nitrile ADBV. I have never had a problem with either type.

Originally Posted By: David1
Its a denso filter

Is that for a boat engine?

Sometimes blue is to represent Marine

bingo
for a 115 yamaha , filter made by denso I will check but it looks likes this one maybe with the w or m stamp

The 'combo valve' used on Wix made (Napa etc) second and third tier filter advertise a rainbow of colors. Not sure of the reason but I have little doubt they are all nitrile. That said, I think I've only the seen the black nitrile one posted with dissections here. Never seen a standard nitrile adbv to be other than black.

I to agree with those saying it is silicone. The recently posted Mitsubishi Oil Filter testing thread, also shows the Mitubishi OEM with a blue silicon adbv. Must be a Japanese/oem made oil filter thing.

Mitsubishi/Evo oil filter Testing

I cut it open - its a depth type - wish I could get those for my highlander v6 and my 99 maxima. did not seem to have any overpressure valve just the adbv piece

I cut it open - its a depth type - wish I could get those for my highlander v6 and my 99 maxima. did not seem to have any overpressure valve just the adbv piece

Means the engine should have a filter pressure bypass valve built into the engine. If not, then maybe it's the wrong filter.

its a 115 hp yamaha outboard

You have the shop manual for the engine? If so, does it show a built-in filter bypass valve?

No manual.
But filter lays horizontal, on its side, so an adbv is needed

Yes, agreed. But we're talking about the bypass valve, not the ADBV. Two totally different "valves".

understand, I can not answer the question
-does a 115 yamaha 4 stroke engine have a bi pass valve?

It should, as there should always be a filter bypass valve somewhere (in the engine or in the filter itself) to prevent the filter from not flowing oil to the engine, or from collapsing internally if it gets too clogged and restrictive to flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back