System 1 reusable oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used/using this product ?

I am considering testing this cleanable oil filter in conjunction with Auto-RX to encapsulate the smaller particles and need more tech data on it. I can't find a website for the company. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Theory is it would be a way to filter big and small stuff with almost 0 interuption in flow.

Any help appreciated !

Terry,

I have not used this product but you can get info at gopurepower.com This company also carries various lubricants and additives.

I believe they're just micron-screen filters. No conventional "media" at all. Could be mistaken.

Try calling MartelBros racing. They've been around and list System1 in their catalog.

I considered doing the screen thing with a cmfilters housing, for A-Rx cleaning, but went the route of dual-PureONE's instead after realizing single-pass efficiency would suffer.

Thanks guys, I am investigating Racor stuff but want a filter that is less expensive.

I'm searching for a media like the motorcycle wire stuff, at least I am imagining something like that.

The machined stainless steel wire media in the 25 to 40 um range may be just the perfect test for Auto-Rx to disperse the smaller stuff.

The Canton Mecca filter is a good one but you have to buy the replacable media after spending alot on the machined aluminum housing.

I want to be able to cost justify what I come up with for the average guy to be able to afford it.

There's always the concern of whether the user gets the filter really clean, and if any of the dirt is just pushed through to the clean side of the filter. I used this type of filter from other makers, mainly B&K (Boll & Kirch) and was always concerned about these items...does the used solvent leave junk on the clean side?, etc.

Ken

Ken2, Thanks for the input, did you sample the units using the B & K metal filters ?

This is exactly the kind of info I need and the more I learn before testing can save a lot of R&D $.

Lube Control is strong enough that if used as the solvent for soaking the used filter, you could have a clean media in 30 minutes with the assurance that any residual LC would not hurt the oil or engine, unlike other unknown solvents. Nuetra may be able to be used likewise.

[ February 15, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Didn't sample.

My concern isn't with the solvent getting into the oil, but with solid particles remaining on the clean side of the filter, maybe by transfer in the solvent during the cleaning.

Some of these B&K filters I've cleaned were for residual fuel (similar to #6 fuel oil) used in a large diesel. The filter was preceded by a centrifuge (actually four of the largest available), and we needed to remove any particles that could gall the injection pumps--you know how fine injection pump clearances are--the plunger was about 4" diameter, two plungers serving two cylinders in each 1-ton pump. When they galled, it took two men about four hours to change one.

Ken

There are no magic filters. All filters that clean oil are very restrictive. Filters that clean oil must be used as a bypass filter. Non restrictive filters are for racing where you are not concerned about the small engine wearing abrasives. They are also good to use with a submicronic bypass filter. You could go hundreds of thousands of miles without changing them. The rules have never changed. Use a good motor oil and keep it clean. Additives don't clean oil, submicronic bypass filters clean oil.

Ralph
burnout.gif

If you made a really big filter it could filter small stuff and still flow fast. It would just be too big to mount under the hood of most new cars.

Ralph,

Obviously I tend to think things do change and there exists the possibility to chemically filter lubricants. Especially for the automotive PCMO universe. Its possible the Auto-Rx product is capable of that function.

Thinking out of the box is difficult when our viewpoint is framed by entrenched entities, or commonly accepted " scientific truth".

Anyone with an interest in technologies that are threatened by that would be understandably shaken by that possibility.

The paradigms of tribilogical thought are changing.

Sincerely, Terry

I've long thought that the RACOR brand was the way to go for most all filtering applications; that the high initial cost is offset by permanence and the ability to transfer to another vehicle.

And I think that a bypass filter, used in conjunction, is also commendable as I do the MOROSO 3-qt pressurized oil accumulator to ensure full oil pressure at start-up.

I very much favor the idea of using Lube Control as a cleaner in this application (assuming it does as promised); this was my reluctance -- combined with cost -- to installing RACOR filters in the past.

Glad to see this thread!

quote:

Originally posted by dickwells:
So, What is it that passes through large centrifuge filters? Stuff with a specific gravity less than or equal to the oil? And what might that be? RW

Centrifuges, not filters. Some cat fines (stuff lost from the refinery's catalytic cracking towers) are very abrasive, very small, and like hollow balloons...filled with oil and the specific gravity is so close to the oil (.98 sometimes) that they don't centrifuge out. There might be other junk; we're talking residual fuel oil here.

My point about the cleanable filters is that extra care has to be taked to be sure the clean side of the filter stays clean while we're cleaning the dirty side. A dunk in solvent and a blast with compressed air isn't adequate.

Ken

i know that the thread is slightly dated
cool.gif
but system 1 has a web site. they are owned or own pure power and puradyn. there are web site for all of these. that said, ive asked about trasko filters in the past but have not seen any responses. also, the new nelson cleanable filter seems promising. however, the nelson filter most likely will only have applications for diesel engines. later, bob.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Folks,

I getting a price quote and if the price is right I'm going to try one out and have Terry do the analysis. From the looks of it, this might be the closest thing to the "Holy Grail" of oil fitration there is.

Thanks for letting me steal your idea, Terry
grin.gif

The MPG guy.

Scotto ( MPG Guy), sounds great, if I share it here it is a "peoples lubricant" idea.

Whole original idea of this board was for me to share what I could about automotive oil analysis and provide analysis input ! Otherwise we'd all still be at Noria wanting more !

Will you use Auto-RX to capture the smaller particles in your experiment ?

[ March 15, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

"Whole original idea of this board was for me to share what I could about automotive oil analysis and provide analysis input ! Otherwise we'd all still be at Noria wanting more !"

I should add that this is only my small contribution, this was Bobs board and now is Ed P's. Include the thankless work of our fine moderators who carry the load here.

I reread the quote above and it came off very arrogant, that was not the intent. Man I can barely type let alone set up a web board ! Ask any of my customers about my secretarial/ administration skills!
shocked.gif

Terry,

No offense taken here, you weren't arrogant at all as far as I'm concerned. I hope to be able to help people out as you and others have all along
smile.gif

In regards to Auto Rx, I probably won't be using it with the first trial of the filter as my engine is only around 7000 miles old from a rebuild. In my mind, using Redline hasn't allowed much if any crud to build up in the engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back