cold air intake kits for 3MZ-FE V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using a decent cold air intake filter for 3MZ-FE?

An suggestion?

If you thinking of adding cold air intake to your 06 Sienna (3MZ-FE , 3.3L V6) then IMHO don't bother. You won't see any benefits to it even after money spent.

Just my 2cent's worth.

Q.

Won't do much except make the car a bit louder at WOT at redline. The gas mileage claims are largely [censored] in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: momo
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using a decent cold air intake filter for 3MZ-FE?

If you follow your factory intake tract forward of the air cleaner, I think you may find that your engine already has a cold-air intake; i. e.: the air is drawn from ahead of the radiator support, outside the engine bay.

Toyota uses Mass Airflow Sensors (MAF). Since aftermarket cold-air intakes tend to have filters that are not as efficient as the OE system, lots more dirt is allowed in, which eventually causes problems with the MAF. This leads to the Check Engine light illuminating, plus driveability problems.

If it's for that Sienna, leave it alone.

If you game is longevity...
DO NOT use a K&N.

I don't care how many people say it gives power and all...
More airflow, more "dirt" in engine. Simple.
Throw a PA35432 in.

If the Engine Control Unit was tuneable, (like the FRS Brz Ecutek crowd)then a CAI with K&N and a larger exhaust "MAY" have HP increases. I tried a number of number of options like these; the motor just ran a little leaner and spit CEL's for the MAF. Couldn't tune the additional flow.

If you want more performance from a Sienna then buy a 2007+ model. It has the bigger more powerful engine and it doesn't require a timing belt replacement.

My latest UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back