ScanGauge - impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my ScanGauge for a couple of years now and, today, for the first time I decided to look into the X-gauges. Oil Life Monitor is available as a gauge for my truck and I set that up and it displayed OLM at 75.6%

My truck's dash display does not display OLM percentages, it only lets you know that an oil change is due. My Innova 3130 scanner, quite capable in many ways, cannot dispaly OLM %. So I am impressed that the ScanGauge can.

At work we have 6.0L Ford F450 and, apparently, the ScanGauge can display diesel engine PIDs like ICP,IPR and so on. Can't wait to try the ScanGauge out on the Ford.

It is a nice toy to have. I leave mine watching engine and ATF temp, instant mpg and mpg for the current tank.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I don't have one and the lack of an on/off switch bothers me.

Why? It turns itself on and off with the vehicle. When it's off, if you need to use it, you just touch a button and it wakes up.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I don't have one and the lack of an on/off switch bothers me.

Reach down and unplug it. Mine has been in my truck continuously for 4+ years now with no issues. It has only been unplugged for emissions testing when I lived in NC.

The XGauges make the Scangauge incredibly useful. Love the trans temp gauge on mine and some of the others are interesting too, if not really useful. For example, torque into torque converter is a Ford-specific available gauge for mine.

I wish it would read oil pressure and temperature. That's my one beef with my SGII. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with mine. It's been in 2 cars now, and saved me about a literal ton of fuel, lol.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I've wanted one for a long time. I may have to bite the bullet and pick one up at some point soon. Usually hear good things.

Canadian Tire brought a batch of them in a couple of years ago and sold them for $150 ea. At that time the lowest I could find them on E-bay, from a Vancouver-based vendor, was $167. I had been wanting one for a while, so when I saw it at Canadian Tire, at that price, I bought it right away.

I love my SGII. Used it to check and clear codes on other people's cars. I have xgauge programmed to read fuel trim values, transmission temps, OLM %, A/F ratio and other stuff. I wish it would check emissions readiness status.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
I love my SGII. Used it to check and clear codes on other people's cars. I have xgauge programmed to read fuel trim values, transmission temps, OLM %, A/F ratio and other stuff. I wish it would check emissions readiness status.

It checks Emissions Readiness. When you check for DTCs, it displays READY if the monitors have passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back