NAPA battery sizzling out one vent on CTEK....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charging up my NAPA battery and I notice some battery acid coming from the left side, also a small sizzling sound. Battery is on the CTEK.

Can I go to NAPA with my receipt and get a new over this?

Going out to vehicle in other car, to check for starting. On later.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
fizzing is usually a sign of overcharging/overheating, how old is the battery?

6 months

What is the rating on the ctek? 2A?

Sizzling will occur at high voltages when hydrogen gas will evolve off the plates. If it is controlled and part of a charge procedure, and the charge rate is slow so that the gases recombine, no biggie.

Something leaking from a battery is another story. I'm worried that you have a dried out cell. If you take the ctek off, put a multimeter on there (or just turn the key and look at the voltage gauge), what is the reading?

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Charging up my NAPA battery and I notice some battery acid coming from the left side, also a small sizzling sound. Battery is on the CTEK.

It would need to fail a test. Does it? If I were NAPA I would say fix your CTEK.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

It would need to fail a test. Does it? If I were NAPA I would say fix your CTEK.

This, with Ford we need a failed test on our tester, a customer provided failed test means nothing. I have literally lost count of how many times we charge a battery and it is good and when the customer brings the vehicle in there are other problems causing the battery to drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back