What was the first digitally manipulated image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you all say was the first "Photoshopped" image? And with what? And when?

Gets you thinking, doesn't it
smile.gif

^^ Excellent WAG!

What about Wizard of Oz?

Doesn't matter really, when airbrush worked for so long./quote]

I can concede that there are many ways to manipulate images. I suppose "digitally" could also incorporate camera tricks, too.

I refer to when Dorothy met The Wizard, not so much the hurricane. Was that 100% photographic, and not digital, yes?

Probably something space program related. Images from probes sent back and processed to highlight interesting observations.

National Geographic moved some pyramids closer together in the early 1980's to make a better composition for their cover.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Moon landing photos...LOL

It's amazing how they pulled that one off!

Possibly, a late-50's advertisement for Chrysler: it showed a white hardtop Plymouth Fury leaving the starting line...at what I think was Churchill Downs, complete with Thoroughbreds! Whoever did it, they did a SUPERB job of it.

I'm not exactly sure when Photoshop first came out but I do know I started using it relatively early, as I started doing retouching in Photoshop (as my career) back in April 1992 when it was on version 2.0 (not to be confused with CS2) It still amazes me how much time has passed since then, it seems like yesterday to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back