MP3Million - too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
It is too good to be true, right?

MP3 downloads for 10 cents?

Go the the library and you can borrow a CD of music for free.

I have seen websites that have 10 cent music downloads. I never got into the downloading of music as I like to have the physical CD and artwork that come with the package.

There are websites that have free music too.

Here is a free album download from Joe Bonamassa.

classiccat.net/ has tons of free classical music.

I don't think I've ever paid for an mp3 download...
I've either ripped them from my cd's, or found... other ways to get the songs i wanted....
but perhaps i've said too much...
27.gif

My library is a 10 mile round-trip away, and my phone doesn't appear to have a built-in CD player. However, it does have an MP3 player.
smile.gif

I am assuming though, that your computer has a cd/or dvd rom drive..and if you are using windows of some var. or other, windows media player, which has the ability to rip cd's to mp3s

Originally Posted By: TallPaul

I have seen websites that have 10 cent music downloads. I never got into the downloading of music as I like to have the physical CD and artwork that come with the package.

There are websites that have free music too.

Here is a free album download from Joe Bonamassa.

classiccat.net/ has tons of free classical music.

Thanks very much for the link to Joe B's free songs. He is my new favorite blues guitarist, I had not heard of him until a few months ago when I was flipping channels one night and caught part of his show from the Beacon Theater on Palladia. Phenomenal blues player and a great musician. Joe B. is the Man!

Originally Posted By: earlyre
I am assuming though, that your computer has a cd/or dvd rom drive..and if you are using windows of some var. or other, windows media player, which has the ability to rip cd's to mp3s

I don't buy CD's...

Not to drag up an old thread but I wanted to post here, MP3Million is definitely legit..I checked them out, signed up for a membership (all they needed was my email address to set up a new account. You can add your name and address etc but it was not required. They gave me 2 downloads for free as a new customer. I downloaded 2 Journey songs and then burned them to a rewritable CD to be sure they would work in my CD player. They worked fine and the sound quality was excellent. The 2 songs I downloaded were at 160 kbps but the bit rate for all of the songs on the site varies from 128 to 320. I then bought the rest of the album the 2 Journey songs came from, so the entire 15-song album only cost me $1.30 and it all sounds perfectly fine. They also give a 20% discount if you buy the entire album in one purchase, so you can save even more money that way.

I may never buy an actual CD in a store again. MP3million is way cheaper than Amazon and Itunes, the sound quality is the same and they appear to have a huge selection. If you can't find the music you want for free in the library or on legitimate free music sites, MP3Million may be the better alternative. It appears to be the real deal for downloading music legally.

It reminds me of those russian sites that cropped up a few years ago, you could download a ton of music for pennies or whatever.

They were shut down by the RIAA. Fair warning I suppose.

A) Thanks for the JB link! Joe Bonamassa is great in concert. Saw him a few years ago here in Nashville at a 900 seat theater. Excellent acoustics, fantastic show. We were introduced to him on XM radio a good 5 years ago.

B) Grooveshark.com for listening to songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back